ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise interference help.

Panda 100hp
Hey guys i could do with some help/advice! The problem i'm having is I'm getting really bad noise inerference coming from the speakers when the engine is running, the interference changes pitch with the revs.
I don't think it's coming from the head unit as the rear speakers run off of this and when the amp is switched off there is no interference therefore i'm guessing it's coming from the amp. I have checked all the earths and power connections and these are fine. I read in the trouble shooting section for the amp a power capacitor can cure this type of noise issue? or is there anyhing else you can put on the power lead to reduce interference?

Any help or advice would be great!
smile.gif

2001 Clio 172
I was gona say bad earth. No paint around the earth? My mate tried everything and it turned out it was the headunit. Sorry i'm not much help.

2001 Clio 172
Yea my mates was a Pioneer. I've never had any issues with my Pioneer HU's though. I love them!

vaux cavalier
If its a blown 'Earth Track', (common Pioneer issue), the interference will be present at all times whether the engine is running or not....

Alternator Whine can be caused by a number of issues, search for threads started by me, I think I covered it a while back...

EDIT; Searched myself, couldn't locate so done new thread....

Last edited: