ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

noise level of milltek cat back on a 182?

Inferno 182FF
Just wondering the above?! I've tried to search and not come up with anything? Want to do a track day and the limit is 88db so pointless me oaying for it to be denied on the day!!

Just wondering the above?! I've tried to search and not come up with anything? Want to do a track day and the limit is 88db so pointless me oaying for it to be denied on the day!!

Do you have a standard cat?

88 will be tight.

I've recorded around there on a few occasions. With a resonated system and with a cat in obviously.

Mine is around 92db now with a decat.

Inferno 182FF
Ive got both standard cat and decat but standard is on atm (just been for mot ha ha). It's a lot quieter without the decat but is it that much quieter to get it under 88!?

Cheers for the reply though! At least I have an insight!

You could well be fine with the cat in. Assuming there are no blows and the silencers aren't falling apart lol. As said, I've been around this level on many occasions.

If you're not sure best to ask the venue before hand and get a test done in advanced if possible.

Worst case make sure the system is nice a hot before your noise test. Take if for a blast around the surrounding area. This worked for my mate before when he was over a limit.

Inferno 182FF
I'll see if any of the lads up my way have a decibel meter.

Hopefully will be alright! Honest, I thought mine sounded more raspy when it was hot. Well if it works I know for later!

turbo 182
Is this for the quiet day at croft? If so aslong as youve got a cat youl pass, my piper with cat passed at 87db your milltek will have a extra box so should be even quieter, last time I was there I'm sure someone had a decatted milltek and still passed

Inferno 182FF
Aye it is. Aw nice one cheers mate! Surprised a decat passed mine sets car alarms when its on ha ha!

turbo 182
I think he was actually over 88db but there is a slight leanienssy, there is a sound limit all cars in total must meet but there is only 10 cars on track at once and cars can be mixed about to keep the total within the limits