ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisy pas and cap damp

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Evening all, I've had a search and found a few answers but none that match my symptoms.

Basically my pas whines when going round a round-a-bout, the level is on the mark, which would suggest the pump is on its way out
But if I top the fluid up to the top of the 'veins' inside the reservoir all is fine...for a few weeks. Then the reservoir becomes damp with oil again and fluid dropped down to original level, and the whine starts again.

there is no separate oil leaks and haven't had the system apart to have gained an air lock.

seems as though the oil is coming out of the pressure relief hole in the cap.

this isn't normal is it?

just seems strange that when topped up above the correct level, it's okay. Just dont like doing it as I don't want to over pressurise the system. I did Use this trick in my mk1 valver though when I had that, as this was a common issue with them.