ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

noisy sunroof

E92 M3
is there any tips on how to get rid of the nocking sunroof i hav tried tighting the screws but it didnt help much and it does my head in some times

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Re: noicey sunroof

quick fix: sponge in between the handle and the glass

long term: go to renault and they fit a new set of seals and allign it properly iirc

Mk2 Clio dci

Theres a modification for them. Renault will put a piece or rubber tube on the metal bar in the handle, to stop it from shaking causing the rattle.
I can't remember if they charge for it or not as its a known problem. I i dont think we do, but it won't be much if they did.

Renault Clio S

Sponge alone under the handle won't silence it - on the mine the front mounts make quite alot of noise and my solution was to cut a bottle cork into 5 mil sections and squeeze them under the mounts. problem solved.

Renault Clio S
That sounds a bit cheap for Renault, considering they recently quoted me around £350 to replace an electric window relay/motor.

Then again, their sunroof's are so simply there can't be much to replace I spose. But I would imagine that £250 wouldn't fix it for long.

Get a plate welded over the top, smoothed out and resprayed. Buy some roof lining off a 182 - job done!

E92 M3
lol i was going to do that if i had to get a full respray but its all money i havnt got at the min and i thought it would only be 30quid or sumit

Sponge alone under the handle won't silence it - on the mine the front mounts make quite alot of noise and my solution was to cut a bottle cork into 5 mil sections and squeeze them under the mounts. problem solved.

That'd be something I would suggest being best. I don't think the rear handle is the cause of the creaks and groans, the 1.2 I had it came from the front two mounts/hinges and if you put pressure upwoards on the sunroof it stopped completely so trapping some rubber or cork under the two front hinges should help a lot IMO.

Jak

Renault clio 2002
Theres a guide somewhere, tells you to put rubber tubing around a metal bar in the sunroof handle, thats what i did and it worked a treat! creaked a bit over winter mind but that was due to the sunroof freezing up!

E92 M3
can any1 find that guide fr me plz done a millon searches on it and cant find any thing cos it drives me mad

Megane 225 F1
Lol i just undo the handle a little bit and it stops. Note: Dont do this and then give the car the full beans......This will cause the sunroof to open suddenly and create a loud noise and scare you shitless wheree you think that the back of the car has just been removed lol

Clio Dynamique
When i took my car for a test drive the sunroof rattled like mad. Still bought the car on the basis that they would fix it, and they did. From what i can see when you open the sunroof there are like little slots inwich a piece of plastic on the handle slots into.

Well it looks like they have sawn the plastic piece off which slots in, not too much that it doesnt stay open, but enough to stop the noise. I still dont use the sunroof as i dont want it to start rattling again!