ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOKIA E51

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Upgrade next week, been stuck with SE K800i for a year.
Had a browse in the O2 store and really like the spec of the E51.
I have the option of free internet too.
Any views on this phone would be great.
Oh and I am not interested in the N95....its ugly.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Pros:
Its the fastest and possibly best S60 Handset in existance. (shortcut keys/bluetooth keys rock, and it has IR)
I miss mine already! It was ace.

Cons:
s**t s**t s**t camera, its terrible.
No gps, but thats only £25 away!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I am a photographer by trade so camera issue is not a problem tbh.
what's the £25 gps you mention?
I currently use my itouch for wifi browsing when away from home, how does the e51 compare for browsing???
will it be complicated setting up email to my by BT account?
only as I have never used a phone for email.
sales geek mentioned a subscription to the blackberry service.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
did have a look at that phone...but for looks i like the E51....even better I like the look of the 6500 but the spec is rubbish.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Mine arrived today.

Its awesome :D

Camera is naff, but i hardly use my camera. So far lovin it :)

SLK250 CDI
I upgraded to an E51 from an E65. It's great, data connection v.quick with HSDPA for web browsing, Mail For Exchange great, v. reliable email and the phone looks great too.

Only problem i've found is that holding down the # key to switch to silent doesn't seem to work but a Google search revealed that to be a common problem. I just changed the shortcut of holding down the envelope button to bring up the Profiles menu and that makes it easy. The power button on the top seems a bit flimsy (like it could screw up easily like the old 7650 one did).

LY 182 FF CUPPED
ok thanks....any more..
still looks the best option in the store unless I go for a Blackberry

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If you download a program called jokuspot, it lets you turn your e51 into a wifi hotspot for your touch, worked well on mine.