ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's a very good phone and the mp3 player and radio are excellent on it. A good solid feeling phone.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah the rotating section is good and useful, although you can use all features without making use of it. The phone is running the same OS as the N80 and N91.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
my mrs has the 3250 - its a great phone, no flash on the camera though. Thats the only bad thing i've found with it so far - otherwise its fantastic, and unusual too

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll try demo the N80 tonight and decide which phone is best for me. If I get the N80 then it'll prob cost me £49.99 and also increase my monthly line rental by £15 and switch me onto a 18 month contract so it is possibly not worth changing for. What do you all think? Stick with what I have or not?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i would go for ther n80 over the 3250

the bottom bit moving is just for show, no real use.

where as the slid on the n80 can be used for anwsering / ending calls and if its like the n91 it can be used for locking the keypad to

Golf GTI 1.8T
hmm give them a call and see.

snOOp - has your N80 got any of the orange gumph on the background display, like the crap shortcut side bar??

andy - with the msn mobile, how do I install that to my N80 when I get it?

Citroen DS3 DSport
The orange software changes are the one thing holding me back from buying it from them. If they have not messed around with this phone then that will make my choice easier.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:

snOOp - has your N80 got any of the orange gumph on the background display, like the crap shortcut side bar??

They haven't modified the firmware, they've just installed an theme :)

It's a very cool phone, having gone Nokia -> SE (crap) -> Windows Mobile based phone (crap) -> Nokia it's good to be home again. (at the moment!)

The screen on this phone is awesome too, downloaded some music to the memory card from my mac & have the address book and calendar syncing too :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
cool thats awesome then!! I hated that on my e720, was a small screen so if you used the shortcut bar you lost all of your background image. cant wait :D

how big is the memory it comes with.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
cool thats awesome then!! I hated that on my e720, was a small screen so if you used the shortcut bar you lost all of your background image. cant wait :D

how big is the memory it comes with.

128Mb mini-sd.

Not had a proper chance to play with it yet though, but very happy with what I've seen so far.

Golf GTI 1.8T
not much then :( cheap skates!!

can get a 1gb mini sd for about £25 and a 2gb for 40ish.

doe's it have an adapter so you can use it in SD card readers?

think I'll have to get a body glove too, can get then for £4.25 on ebay £2.95 p&p.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
not much then :( cheap skates!!

can get a 1gb mini sd for about £25 and a 2gb for 40ish.

doe's it have an adapter so you can use it in SD card readers?

think I'll have to get a body glove too, can get then for £4.25 on ebay £2.95 p&p.

It was never gonna come with a massive one though....they're cheap enough as you say though.

It supports the mass storage class (although switches to the offline profile when in this mode) and comes with the required USB cable. When plugged it in it just appeared as a drive on my desktop, I just dragged a file straight from iTunes to the card. Nice quick transfer rates too.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah the active profile is also on the 3250 and is a Nokia feature.

I phoned o2 and they have offered me the N80 for £70 plus 3 months free line rental so I reckon I'll return the 3250. N80 will be available June 5th.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think the offer he gave me was possibly not all it first appeared to be. I now think o2 still expect me to pay £129.99 to upgrade but they will then give me 3 months free line rental which would effectively reduce the handset cost to £69.99. I'd still need to pay £129.99 up front. Not a chance.

looked at the N91 and hate it.... yet to see an n80 yet however still want one.

dreading ringing o2 to get one tho, however by the time i come to upgrade it might be a bit cheaper :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I couldn't use the N91, my thumb did not agree with the ridge immediately above the 1,2 & 3 keys.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:

you will need to use nokia suite to install it

BMW M135i
I've had mine a few days now and tbh I think im gonna return it, because you just can't do jack sh*t with it because there aren't any applications for it yet and i'm getting bored of constant memory full errors when theres 32mb free on the phone and 350mb+ on the card.
Also the calls go quiet when you press it against your ear because obviously the aerial is behing the sliding screen part of the phone and thats where you put your finger, and its REALLY annoying.

All the standard features such as the WLAN browsing, screen and camera are brilliant and it sure is pretty but thats about it as it stands. The reason I bought another nokia symbian smartphone was because of what you can do with them and as it stands you just can't with this, I miss tomtom5 and other things.

Oh well :dapprove:, was nice for a day or two, maybe i'll get another one when there are some applications avaliable for it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
bmh.01 said:
I've had mine a few days now and tbh I think im gonna return it, because you just can't do jack sh*t with it because there aren't any applications for it yet

I was having similar thoughts regarding the 3250 and N80. I may well end up with the N70 because it's a very capable phone with lots of applications available for it. The new symbian os will also have alot less available for it due to all content having to be digitally signed by symbian.

BMW 125i
got my n80 today love it :D and it was free so not complaining!! Does anybody know when the tom tom mobile will be available for this phone i take it will be a few months yet but if any knows a date roughly that would be great! as im debating on whether or not i should wait for it or just buy a tom tom one as i can get hold of one fairly cheap! cheers

Citroen DS3 DSport
Does the N80 camera work in the same way as that on the 3250, the shutter sound cannot be disabled in any of the profiles?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:
does that come with it?

LOL

cause it does.

but it can be downloaded from the nokia website to for free.

there are lots of apps for the n80 and n91 out there, check out that link above

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
Does the N80 camera work in the same way as that on the 3250, the shutter sound cannot be disabled in any of the profiles?

probably just like the n91, bit annoying really.

might see if one of my phone modding people can do anything about that

BMW M135i
andy_con said:
All of which cost and they're not the apps i'm after unfortunately :(, most importantly tomtom doesn't work and knowing them it'll be 6 months before it does, look how long it took them to release a version that properly supported qvga for the SPV C550. And its not like you can even bodge it like you could with that.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
andy_con said:
probably just like the n91, bit annoying really.

might see if one of my phone modding people can do anything about that

Isn't it a security thing now? To try and stop dirty old men taking photos of random children, I seem to recall this being the thinking behind this.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
bmh.01 said:
All of which cost and they're not the apps i'm after unfortunately :(, most importantly tomtom doesn't work and knowing them it'll be 6 months before it does, look how long it took them to release a version that properly supported qvga for the SPV C550. And its not like you can even bodge it like you could with that.

well why doesnt someone e-mail or phone the makers of tomtom and ask them.

seems a good thing to do LOL that way someone can post the anwser to everyones question

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sn00p said:
Isn't it a security thing now? To try and stop dirty old men taking photos of random children, I seem to recall this being the thinking behind this.

yeah it is, just like all the call recorder applications out there.

they have to make a beep when recording for security reasons

SLK 350
The N91 buttons are horribly small i think, as is the screen. For me i think i'll only share interest in the N80 - but if O2 are anal and charge ridiculous sums i think i'll look elsewhere.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ozzyo99 said:
The N91 buttons are horribly small i think, as is the screen. For me i think i'll only share interest in the N80 - but if O2 are anal and charge ridiculous sums i think i'll look elsewhere.

haha the screen aint small!!!!

yes the keys are small but i find them workable, but the screen is far from small