ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N95 - Any Good?

I know everyone has their own preference, but I like this phone, have been offered it as a free upgrade and excepted.

But is the phone any good, or does it have any / many faults?

Have I made a boo boo?

Thoughts please.

Regards, Steve.

Mini Cooper S sport
Apparently it's quite slow, but it takes good pictures. My mate's got one and she likes it.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Almost every 1 i have sold at work has been returned. Quite slow, crashing, no signal/reception, one even managed to bar itself after going overseas. Luckily we sold them on to the polish, the can fix anything:)

Apart fromthat it is a nice phone, all be it a little cheap to the touch. Had you considered the new samsung G600? also has 5mp camera.

Almost every 1 i have sold at work has been returned. Quite slow, crashing, no signal/reception, one even managed to bar itself after going overseas. Luckily we sold them on to the polish, the can fix anything:)

Blimey, looks like i've dropped a bollock then:(

Evo 6, E92 320d
As long as your warranty will sort any issues you'll be alrite, plus if its more recent it should have all software bugs sorted. If thats the case you'll love it.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
I've had mine for over 5 months now.. never had a major problem with it. Satnav's a bit rubbish but then I have a tomtom..

Camera, wifi and music player are great.. just get yourself a big card and your sorted.

had no issues with mine. I upgraded from the N80 which imo was superb.

This is way better than that, its not to slow, can support upto 6gig. Wifi is cool, pictures look great on the phone but not amazing onscreen considering its a 5mp, decent autofocus tho.

Also lots of third party apps to put on, sat nav etc...

I would say remove the network crap and flash the phone with generic firmware and your away with one of the best phones out.

Most places are getting rid as the N95 8gb version is coming out

Mondeo ST220
not a problem with mine yet. had it about 5/6 months.

not what i'd call slow, especially compared to my N80 i had before.

pics are good on it but i've been most impressed with the video quality on it.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Got my yesterday, and the battery life is terrible. I had it on charge all last night and i took it to uni with me today and then to work, finished work at 22:00 and the girlfriend rang me, and the fucker cut out, no battery! Shite would be the word. My k800i use to go for days at a time!

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
had mine for a while now - no problems at all...awesome fone imo!! just make sure u dont leave any applications running or the battery will get drained.

What firmware you using?

Helps if you dont have wifi browsing for networks, and if you dont use 3g for anything change the dual network mode to normal.

Der Panzer
Funny that. You'd think Nokia would have used super conductors and processors that consumed no power. Inconsiderate b******s. :rolleyes:

It's a screen away from a laptop ffs.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Hopefully Steve you'll be one of the lucky customers as many on here seem to be, as they said it is a great phone with some cracking stuff on it. Just from experience the 'N' series in general have a few ghosts in the system.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
most nokias do really, but they are complex phones compared to others like the k800i. the k800i might be quicker and not crash but it does fuk all in comparison.

Nokia are always releasing new firmwares to fix bugs, but considering what you get with the N95 its worth a few small probs.

I am gonna get the new N95 model when it comes out in a month or 2.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Where can you get firmware updates? I had a quick look on nokia's site but couldn't see any..

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
here - first one in the list covers them all i think!

only thing is if you have service provider firmware (which most have unless you bought it sim free) chances are there wont be any updates available, even though there will be loads of newer firmwares.

If this is the case you need to change the phones product number to a generic nokia one. you can find out how in the guide which was/is a sticky in this thread (altho its for the n73, but guess its the same) or use good old google to search for a userguide. its quite easy to change it really, just tricky installing the software.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Had mine about 6 months now.. its been the best phone I have owned... no crashes.. is NOT slow and takes top notch photo's and video.

As mentioned above its basically a laptop with a small screen.

Only thing I didn't like about it is battery.. charge each day

Dirty E91
Had mine about 6 months now.. its been the best phone I have owned... no crashes.. is NOT slow and takes top notch photo's and video.

Can you playback video content you've copied to the memory card?

I've been wondering if it would play TV shows and movies I have on my PC?

Oh and have you seen there's an N95 8Gb? Not for the Uk unfortunately.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Can you playback video content you've copied to the memory card?

I've been wondering if it would play TV shows and movies I have on my PC?

Oh and have you seen there's an N95 8Gb? Not for the Uk unfortunately.

Yes ofcourse.. I have loadsa friends eps etc on mine. The screen resoution is 320x240 and the quality is superb although it will also playback 640x480 at full 30 FPS. Use the supplied lead and you can connect the N95 to your telly and play the video's back in full screen on your TV.... how cool is that ?

535d / t5 caravelle

Apart fromthat it is a nice phone, all be it a little cheap to the touch. Had you considered the new samsung G600? also has 5mp camera.

sounds s**t just like my n73!

Der Panzer
Ignore them, Steve.

It's a good solid phone that works well, there are just some issue that need ironed out. No major problem with the phone.

5mp camera as well, that mean you can readily snap more nudy shops for us CSers. ;)

Fiesta ST3
my mrs has got one and its pants.....

For what reason?
the yes/no box have blacked themselves out when in camera mode the speaker is now working intermittently to be sure people can hear her she has to put it on loudspeaker!!
its only 4 weeks old and she is waiting for carphone warehouse to get her a unbranded one which according to them is less likely to suffer from problems?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
they are easy to unbrand urself then they just need the latest firmware update. sorts most issues out.

VaVa
I'm unimpressed with mine.

The screen is loose and wobbles when slid up for a start.

Camera may be 5mp but the pics are very average imho. It's very slow (about 5 seconds to access the camera which is an eternity when you're trying to snap something quick!) and the battery life is shocking.

I'll be back with SE at the first opportunity! In fact, I rate my k800i better. Might be a personal thing but I can't stand the way Nokia handle bluetooth files. the SE phones are so much easier and straight forward.

Video quality is exceptional though.

Mine was shite till i turned it onto Gsm mode rather than the 3g, made sure the wifi scanning was turned off when I wasn't using it, and most importantly reinstalling all the software off the Nokia site.
Still feels abit cheap though imo.
Its no better or no worse than my previous Sony Ericsson's.