ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non - Renault clutch

Whats the warranty implications of going for a Group N spec clutch when I get through the existing Renault one. (Again)! Say for instance I have a gearbox problem, will they say they wont honour it due to a spurious clutch having being fitted.

I am planning on buying one and getting it fitted somewhere other than Renault due to:

1 Their clutches are seemingly made from papier Mache.

2 Their labour charges are set at extortionate rates.

Skoda Fabia vRS

id ring Renault customer service about it, but, your very unlikely to get a set in stone answer, as i found at when ringing a jaguar garage because of somethin at work the other day......

they wont commit thereselves to anything basically, and all you will get is -

"it will be totally at the discretion of the dealer who does any work as to whether the clutch was a contributing factor, every case is unique and it can only be decided by them as they will actually see it"

Nice one, cheers Jay.

Itll probably actually cost less as well. Renault want just under £500 to replace a standard MK2 172/Cup clutch!!!

CUP80Y jay is right they wil not notice it.

I just wanna tell you about my clutch I am certain that my left legg has become thicker cause of the greater force ! mine is from AP racing by the way