ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non sport owners 1.2 16v mainly

172 Rep
Curious to know. The car isn't exactly the fastest on acceleration and a snail could probably hit 60 quicker but has anyone ever clocked their 0-60 time?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
this was my old one when I was 17!! full stripped out with a custom airbox I made and I made an HKS panel filter for it lol!!! had 140k on the clock and was RR at 83bhp!

Last edited by a moderator:

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Do you know what compared to some other 1.2 engine cars they are pretty nippy engines.

Do you know what compared to some other 1.2 engine cars they are pretty nippy engines.

haha my mum agrees!

she used it for work once while her little pug was in the garage, legitimately told me it was 'rapid' and 'alot more unforgiving' flol! i was in tears :rasp:

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
i personally agree for the car they are pretty quick still suprise me when pulling out of junctions occasionally

i miss the 105bhp from my 1.4 mgzr that was genuinely fast for a little engine and no the hg didnt fail

172 Rep
i personally agree for the car they are pretty quick still suprise me when pulling out of junctions occasionally

i miss the 105bhp from my 1.4 mgzr that was genuinely fast for a little engine and no the hg didnt fail

1st gear is gutless, second and third are the best gears by far in the 1.2 16v's, I did have my old engine remapped and went bang after 409 miles, sourced the new engine, had a custom outlet manifold made down to the cat, custom made induction kit and it roars :)

Seat Leon 184
As slow as they are in general terms, they are "quick" for a 1.2 lol Then again I drove my mates Seat Leon TDI the other day and that seemed like a Ferrari compared to my Clio, can't wait for insurance to come down so I can get a 172!