ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

non starter!!!!!

clio 172
hey everybody!!! got a bit of a problem on my ph1 172. i removed the dash to change the heater vents over and when i put it back together the little f*cker wouldn't start again :cry: nor does my central locking work.

i did remove the dash without disconnecting the battery, when i removed the alarm it did make a clicking noise for about 5 mins, and when i try to start it, it will not fire up, only turn over.

I have plugged everything back in i.e decoder etc. i was just wondering if anybody else has come across this before i get it sent off to the garage?

thanks, Jamie

Sounds like you may have pinched or cut a wire with putting the dash back in you did remove all the dash? Is the immobiliser light going out when the key is in? And turned also is the ignition barrel plugged in tightly

Nick

clio 172
hi nick, yeah the immobiliser light comes on when i switch the ignition on, but when i switch it off the immob light gradualy dims down to nothing. cant remember if its always done that though lol looks like i may have to take it all back out again! oh dear lol

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
Reset the immobiliser,

I stole this from another thread...

Get in the car
Shut the door
Ignition on
Press and hold the door locking button on the console
Press the throttle pedal all the way down at the same time
Wait for a beep
Take finger off button
Take foot off throttle slowly
Put ya foot all the way down on throttle once more and release.

clio 172
nice un, nick! give these two suggestions ago, if they dont work at least it's eliminated somethings :D

clio 172
ok just tried it, not good news im afraid :cry: nothing really happened apart from every time i remove the key fom the car, all the ignition lights stay on for about a minute. the only time the immobiliser light comes on is when the headlamps are on. when i try to start it, it started off making a clicking noise or no noise at all now (as if the batterys flat) but whilst i have been trying this i have had the battery linked to another vehicle, so it cant be flat and i know that its a good battery as i only bought it a month a go and it is the right capacity for the car.
this is so confusing! lol

Will the engine still crank but not fire? Will your key fib lock and unlock the car? Possible dead battery on the fob?

Checked ALL and I mean ALL fuses? Take them out one by one replacing them also check your battery with a voltmeter see if it's giving out 12 - 14v if not charge the battery

Nick

clio 172
engine doesn't crank at all, key fob doesnt unlock the car, battery works in fob as i changed it not long ago. so i'll check the voltage and every fuse tomorrow i thinks

thanks, jamie

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Chances are you have 100% caused this so retrace all your steps and undo everything you did. Theres no way simply removing and replacing the dash top would've caused this... are we getting the full story?

Look for any pinched, stretched or broken wires in all the areas you worked in.

Mick

clio 172
i removed the complete dash, mick. so theres a strong possibility that one of the wires could have been pinched

clio 172
i did remove the battery when i removed the steering wheel, it would have got a bit messy otherwise haha