ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

None Sport Engine Issues

Clio 1.2 16v
Yes,

Im back with more issues and questions regarding my crappy french car!

Engine became very unreliable recently, very lumpy idle and felt like it was firing on 3 cylinders, so ordered and replaced the coil pack and spark plugs,

Car has been fine since then for a few days, also just to note when replacing the spark plugs one of them was worryingly loose, so I thought that was it problem solved after replacing them and the car was running good as new,

But it seems not... Started my car after work tonight to be presented with a very similar lumpy idle which cleared up after a few mins though then when approaching a hill and putting the car into 2nd gear it seemed to loose power again but quickly picking back up as if the engine is bogging down.

I have done all the usual clio 1.2 16v things over the past year of ownership such as take off the box over the wiring loom and tape up the wires, take out and clean the throttle body, change the rear lambda sensor... the list just goes on and I really thought it was cured for good this time but I was wrong as per
frown.gif

Should i just give up or is there anything else I can do to try and rescue her...

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Sam