ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noob iPhone Setup Question

A silver one
So I've had my iPhone 4 since launch day and fingers crossed should be getting a 5 in the next few days. I haven't got a clue how I go about setting this up the same (contacts, calendar entries, apps, pictures, etc.) as the old phone?

Is there an option once I plug it into my Mac to restore from an iPhone 4 backup? If so does that restore all of my 'in app' data, i.e. scores on Jetpack Joyride, Angry Birds, etc?

I know it sounds like a properly basic question, but I've never had to do it before.

cheers,
Matt

Plug in current iPhone, 'backup'.

Plug in new iPhone, 'restore from backup' or 'setup from previous backup'.

A silver one
Cheers for clearing that up.

Another similar question. If I chose to 'Restore' to factory settings in iTunes and then 'restored from backup', would I lose all of my in app data then? Again this is something I've never tried in 26(ish) months of iPhone ownership!

Are you on iOS5 on your 4?

Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup

If iCloud Backup is on. Look at the bottom and it will say when it was last backed up. Then when you get your 5, just set it up from iCloud. No plugging in required.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How do you go about just transferring numbers and texts to the new phone? Screw the apps.