ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noob Needing Help Sorting Out A Website

VRS
I'm looking at getting a website/page, just a pretty basic set up which to start with will just have some info on and contact details etc so people can look it up have a read then contact me if need be.

Now i know absolutely f*ck all about what i need to do, how i go about getting a site, how to put stuff on it etc

Not looking to put much money into it all all to start with

Does anyone have any sort of pointers they can fire over to me as to where to start looking and what to do ?

Your help is appreciated :D

Andy

Buy your hosting and domain through 123-reg / 1&1 - then that is all that set up for you.

Then you just need a simple html site / build somthing simple via the website builders they may provide.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Read a guide on how to install wordpress and install a theme!

You can get hosting cheap as anything...

or I can host it for you, and set up the basic install, etc ready for you to login and add content (for peanuts!)

182 FF
Try Joomla! I use it alot, realllly easy to use, you dont need any HTML knowledge to write pages, create modules, menus etc etc. Its free to just download the software online, the only thing you will need to buy is the domain name like conneh stated :) Heres an example of what you can do using Joomla http://stevehillmotorsport.com/ (Just happens to be where i work :rasp:) Heres a link to Joomla's main site http://www.joomla.org/

Jap Box
I can host you if you liked, free of charge. My cPanel has installatron in there too so you can install stuff like wordpress and joomla in about 3 clicks :)

Really easy to master the control panel after a short amount of time, I just wont have any time to offer you much suppor which is obviously why I can do it for free.

All you would need is the domain name.