ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noob Question - Please Help me anyway!

172 FF
hi there i have searched the forums although am finding it difficult to find a guide for taking the power cable from the amp to the battery on a Mk 2 Ph 1 Clio 2001 Y Clio 1.2 Sport. I have seen that you need to poke it through a grommet hole in the passenger footwell but m not sure where it is. Is it the black bit that holds the carpet to the bulkhead near the bonnet release catch? I know there probably is a guide somewhere but i'm damned if i can find it! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

jelfsy

Hi welcome, If you put your head under the glovebox you where the bonnet release catch is you will see the cable if you follow this you will see the grommet up the back of the glovebox.

172 FF
Cheers guys think i have located the grommet but it already has a blck wire going thru, doesnt appear theres enuff space to fit another wire thru?

Clio 1.2 grande
i got a x reg grande i think there the same erm should be about in the middle if u know what i mean :) sorry cant be much i got mine with a wiring kit already in it :D

It'll fit are you using the really big guage amp wiring?
It's just rubber so squeeze it through. The black thing is the bonnet release cable

Clio 1.4
looks like your bonnet release cable is running through that gromet matey, its really hard to poke through but from what i got told a bit of lubrication ( no jokes at the word lads ) and brute force should work

:)

S13
Poke a hole in it with a screwdriver, then get a coat hanger and bent it round the wire so it can't come out (like through the gold terminal bit at the end) and make it as small as possible then as above, lube it up a bit and ram it in. Ahem.

Or go round the side of the grommet, that means you get a bit of engine bay noise depending on how big the cable is but it's nothing to worry about.

R35 GTR
yawn....through grommet, easier to feed it through from inside and grab from outside, removing coolant and power steering bottles.

FOR SALE!!!
the best way i did this and worked again for me 2night as changed my amp wire is to get a small tuner type screw driver tape your cable to the amp wire then push this stri8 thought then go under your bonnet and there will be your coolant bottle in the way pull this up and will un clip and hopfully will see your screw drive end with the cable taped then cut the tape and pull ya wire to the batt then simple push the screw driver back out and your done

I installed a power cable last night in my mates clio 1.2 mk2. I put it through the bonnet release cable grommet. Made another hole in it and pushed it through. well i actually pushed a socket in first (so it was just poking out the other side), put the end of the wire in it and pulled it through. Was a very tight hole. It was only 6mm2 wire though, dont no what that is in awg terms.