ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOOOOOOOO!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The dog was roaming the roads end of. I don't really see how people think this is any different to a cat, fox, hamster or badger tbh! The dog shouldnt have been there and if it got run over then thats the owners fault...Would you let your kids play by a busy main road?

Hat off to the lad for even calling the RSPCA (I would have too but it certainly wouldnt have been my first priority). It's not as though he run over a kid FFS. If the lad had swerved he could have risked his own life or the life of others. My bother is now partially disabled due to a car accident so you can't tell me that a dog is worth risking your life for!!!!

Yes he mentioned he was doing 80mph which is obviously over the speed limit but I'm guessing he won't have been the only CS member to have driven over 80mph that day...

MCS R56
Yeah but admitting it publicly?

I find it amusing about the people who only care that their car is okay! Sad fu**ers!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

I find it amusing about the people who only care that their car is okay! Sad fu**ers!

I agree that talking about driving over the speed limit is rather silly...

I'm sure he does care about the dog but at the end of the day this is a car and not a doggy forum. I'm guessing he wanted to discuss the damage to his car (repair costings etc)...

BMW E92/Audi S3
fuckin stupid dog.
Only the dog to blame tbh, if it wants to die, it wants to die. It should of read the f**king signs saying it was a motorway

The dog was roaming the roads end of. I don't really see how people think this is any different to a cat, fox, hamster or badger tbh! The dog shouldnt have been there and if it got run over then thats the owners fault...Would you let your kids play by a busy main road?

Hat off to the lad for even calling the RSPCA (I would have too but it certainly wouldnt have been my first priority). It's not as though he run over a kid FFS. If the lad had swerved he could have risked his own life or the life of others. My bother is now partially disabled due to a car accident so you can't tell me that a dog is worth risking your life for!!!!

Yes he mentioned he was doing 80mph which is obviously over the speed limit but I'm guessing he won't have been the only CS member to have driven over 80mph that day...
yeah i hate those roaming hamsters!!

(^ made my day :lolup: :lolup: )

had a similar incident with a badger only that caused a fair few £££'s worth of damage, to be fair you say at the speed you were doing you didnt have a chance of avoiding it , perhaps if you werent speeding the result would have been a few skipped heartbeats as you swerved around but the end result would have been no damage to your car and a life spared for the poor dog
its not as simple as that, i was going down the motorway and i hit a dog doing 60 in a line of traffic.

i felt awful, but theres nothing that could have been done to swerve on a motorway without wiping out someone else in the process.

live in the real world bud, would you swerve to avoid something on the motorway to avoid hitting something and poss hit someone else or do you hold you place and hit the dog to avoid causing more damage to others.

i am a very keen dog lover and i have 4 dogs, but at the end of the day if the dog can wander onto a motorway, its not cared/looked after properly is it.

MCS R56

I'm sure he does care about the dog but at the end of the day this is a car and not a doggy forum. I'm guessing he wanted to discuss the damage to his car (repair costings etc)...

Good point. Well made.

Maybe the doggy forum members (the dogs) are all discussing the accident where a big machine on wheels injured a fellow member on a dual carriageway?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Good point. Well made.

Maybe the doggy forum members (the dogs) are all discussing the accident where a big machine on wheels injured a fellow member on a dual carriageway?

lol quite possibly mate...

Think the title of the thread might be "RIP Pooch!"?

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I am SO SORRY. I think ive had what those polish twins were on.

motivator9688037.png

They were Swedish.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Could you not have braked a bit before hitting it? :/

Yes but by doing so he could have hit the car by the side of him causing death by dangerous driving.

An alternative might have been a wooden box...

At 80 I'm surprised he slammed on at all tbqfh!

RB 200 Cup!
Must be dead if you were doing 80. Just think, it would have been fine if you had been doing the speed limit!

Poor wee fella!

I've actually taken a closer look, there's not a spot of bloody anywhere on the car, so maybe the dog had the luckiest day of it's life.

Also, reported to the police who said they would get someone to take a look. I made the day of the woman who took the incident report though. She asked a daft question of "do you know if it was male or female?", whn I answered "sorry, not a clue, but I think it would have had to be VERY male for me to notice at that speed" she cracked up with laughter. :)

flol!

182FF with cup packs
Could you not have braked a bit before hitting it? :/

There was some braking, but with the amount of time I had to react was minimal, so it made little to no difference anyway.

I'm getting stuck with a piece of crap 1l car while mines getting fixed :-( Though I can upgrade to a normal clio for £1.40 a day, so i think i will do that.

Last edited:
  Monaco RS Clio 172
to be fair to PinkoCommie, he obviously feels badly about it, yes doing 80 is over the SPEED LIMIT, but who on here drives at the speed limit all the time?

the answer is quite possibly nobody.

80mph is just 10 over the limit. yes I know 10 makes a huge difference blahblahblah I don't really need telling, but do people seriously think doing 80 instead of 70 is what killed the dog?

nonsense. the dog would have died at 20,30,40,50,60.. 80 probably made it less painful.

I'm not being cruel. I love dogs. fortunately for me so far touch wood I have never hit a dog or a cat.. so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I wouldn't be able to live with myself for a fair while. it is a sad sad thing.

as for the fella above who was in tears / had to be picked up when he hit a dog and heard it yelp, that is quite possibly how I'd be too mate.

well done for reporting it and as stated already, if you have a dog, look after it, DON'T let it run riot and get itself killed!

?
Bump - any update on the car mate? hope you get it all sorted soon, must be dead upsetting damaging your car like that.

Little bit of advise, pressure washer works wonders in getting stubborn bits of dog brain/intestines off your car. When you hit them lil bartads at speed the pressure tends to stick lil bits firmly to your bumper/undertray.

Last edited:
  182FF with cup packs
Well, the garage finally got back to me with my repair quote.

£1200!! :eek::eek::eek:

New front bumper, headlight, fog light, drivers side wing.

Then they'll check the suspension geometry to make sure there's no damage there.

Oh well, lucky I don't have any no claims bonus to lose.

I'm gonna be so glad to get my car back, I'm currently driving (like I stole it) a crappy 1.2 Fiat Punto. It sucks so very badly. I swear that the gear box doesn't actually do anything except make the car slightly quieter as you go up the gears.

On the dog side of it, I suspect that it may have been the luckiest dog in the world, as the police could not find any trace of it. Weird.

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
In 4 months i have hit both a cat and a rabbit, cat was at 70 on a dual carriageway, i pulled over and cried but couldn't trace any owners. Asked around local houses and nobody knew who owned it! Then a few weeks ago i hit a rabbit on a B road, was 2am and i was doing 60 (the speed limit for that road) I didn't even swerve because it was wet and i didn't want to risk killing my passenger or myself. Not a nice experience with the rabbit tho, took some jet washing under the splitter and i had to get a friend to do it incase i was sick!

Audi S1
Well, the garage finally got back to me with my repair quote.

£1200!! :eek::eek::eek:

New front bumper, headlight, fog light, drivers side wing.

Then they'll check the suspension geometry to make sure there's no damage there.

Oh well, lucky I don't have any no claims bonus to lose.

I'm gonna be so glad to get my car back, I'm currently driving (like I stole it) a crappy 1.2 Fiat Punto. It sucks so very badly. I swear that the gear box doesn't actually do anything except make the car slightly quieter as you go up the gears.

On the dog side of it, I suspect that it may have been the luckiest dog in the world, as the police could not find any trace of it. Weird.

You probably smacked the lil *ucker into a million pieces!

I would of swerved tbh..

Im ashamed and disgusted of some of the people and comments on this thread..

Absolutely shocking.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it would have been a touch of luck if the dogs collar with the dogs name and owners telephone number was stuck in the grill or something. could have made a claim then tbh.

BMW 320d SE
it would have been a touch of luck if the dogs collar with the dogs name and owners telephone number was stuck in the grill or something. could have made a claim then tbh.

That pure evil lol

In fairness, if the dog is on a M-way, it's clearly not under proper control (assuming it's not a stray), in which case the owners are liable.
I hit a dog many moons ago and had substantial damage to that car I had at the time. I was gutted for the pooch, but the owners payed up to repair the damage as they had no choice but to admit that they were at fault. It may seem callous but it is ultimately fair.
Also, I don't know who it was who thought you didn't have to report it to the police, but you do!

182FF with cup packs
Well f**k-a-d00dle-doo!

Just had a meeting with the insurance engineer.

It looks like I bought a f**king lemon.

They removed the body panels to be replaced, chucked it up on a lift to check the suspension geometry.........

It's totally fucked up. All the geometry is out, so far out it's not adjustable back to true.

On closer inspection, it seems that the chassis has been clamped in a jig at some point in the past to repair it. The front sub-frame has been replaced using the wrong bolts, one of the mounting brackets is about an inch out of whack, rear axle is fucked up because suspension geometry is all wrong.

They reckon it will cost about £5000 to put right, and here's the kicker, because it's pre-existing damage THE INSURANCE COMPANY WILL NOT COVER IT!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

On top of that, the insurance company will not insure the car unless the repairs are completed and there is a full engineers report on the car.

Considering I paid £5250 for the car, there's no way that I'm pumping £5k into repairing it.

:dead::dead::dead:

The insurance company is going to cut me a cheque ofr the dmaage from the dog accident in lieu of repairs, so they'll give me £1400 or so, then minus my £500 excess, I come out of the whole deal with £900 and NO f**king CAR!!!

What's even worse is I have no way of keeping the car and breaking it down and selling the parts, I have no where to keep it, and even if I did, my tenancy agreement specifically prohibits dismantled cars on the property (and my Landlord lives in the area, so I wouldn't be able to get away with it).

182FF with cup packs
Oh well, I may have arranged for someone to buy the hulk off of me as parts, which at least means I'll get some money back on the deal.

182FF with cup packs
thats a bummer that...sorry to hear that mate.

You're telling me :dapprove:

I've only had the damn thing since April.

It was the car that I really wanted though. I didn't have a car for 4 or 5 years because I had no need for one, but when I had need of a car, there was no thinking about it at all, I wanted a 172, I thought I had a good one, but I was obviously wrong.

I think the next one will be from some sort of dealership so I have some sort of comeback when I next get shafted (it's been one off those years this year for s**t going wrong in my life)

Oh well, I'll be keeping the faith and getting another one. Now the decision is, another 172 or a 182.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
thats a proper tale of woe, feel for you i really do, hope the future hold something a little brighter for you!

182FF with cup packs
Luckily I am due a windfall (hopefully) soon as my Dad left me a some money in his will (that is one of the crappy things that happened to me this year).

So I will be using this to get me back behind the wheel of a Clio RS again.

I may even think about getting a 197 once the money comes through. I can't be without a pocket rocket :)

I suppose in a way hitting the dog had its good point - finding out about the damage already done to your car before you had a bit of a harder knock and it possibly disintegrating on u!

MCS R56
No dog to speak of? Damn those Rednecks! They will have scooped it up for Sunday roast!

Gutted about the car though. That's just pi$h!

Hick-up!

Fiesta ST2
You're telling me :dapprove:

I've only had the damn thing since April.

It was the car that I really wanted though. I didn't have a car for 4 or 5 years because I had no need for one, but when I had need of a car, there was no thinking about it at all, I wanted a 172, I thought I had a good one, but I was obviously wrong.

I think the next one will be from some sort of dealership so I have some sort of comeback when I next get shafted (it's been one off those years this year for s**t going wrong in my life)

Oh well, I'll be keeping the faith and getting another one. Now the decision is, another 172 or a 182.

Dude I feel for you! you where right not to swerve could have been worse.. I bought my first car private also (was a 1.2 16V 2003 Clio) only to be found out 9 months later when I went to trade it in that it was registered as CAT D and had been totally crumpled I never got pics from the insurance company - luckily for me the user on autotrader that sold it sold it as a "dealer" and when I asked if it had been damaged at all she said no so I was able to come back and say she lied there for I got my money back.. well most of it. I went and got a new Clio from a dealer which I wish I hadn't because now I want to change again and ive got 3k minus equity and still owe the rest on the car! :( just choose very carefully before you purchase your next car! good luck!