ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOOOOOOOO!

RS RIP
i hope your car gets rabies .. and when you turn on it, while washing/fueling up, it bites you with foam at its' grill grrrrr

Sorry bout your car dude, can be repaired. Dog was smuthered all over it beyond reparation as always, and a kid somewhere is crying about it probably

182-racing-blue

Im ashamed and disgusted of some of the people and comments on this thread..

Absolutely shocking.

I wouldn't have posted anything about hitting the dog. I have a hard enough time posting pics of my car with a f**king RB diamond on the front, let alone killing someones pet.

I'd check your brakes if it took you half a mile to find a safe place to stop. An accident is an accident, anchors, hazards stop right there. Good job it wasn't a child.

We are all quick with our opinions but we werent there and we dont know all the details.

Im shocked at the comments about the dog made by some of you lot.

Fiesta ST2
Christ. No luck! :(

Did you run an HPI check on the car before buying it?

Chris, I did and it turned up nothing.. I belive she had a funny one going with the insurance company tbh i did the tesco HPI check and the AA HPI check as both showed nothing... one i found out i did another HPI check from AA and found it showed up... live and learn eh?

182-racing-blue

In 4 months i have hit both a cat and a rabbit, cat was at 70 on a dual carriageway, i pulled over and cried but couldn't trace any owners. Asked around local houses and nobody knew who owned it! Then a few weeks ago i hit a rabbit on a B road, was 2am and i was doing 60 (the speed limit for that road) I didn't even swerve because it was wet and i didn't want to risk killing my passenger or myself. Not a nice experience with the rabbit tho, took some jet washing under the splitter and i had to get a friend to do it incase i was sick!

Bless. I know what you mean, I can't watch Watership down at christmas. :cry:

RS RIP
I'd check your brakes if it took you half a mile to find a safe place to stop. An accident is an accident, anchors, hazards stop right there. Good job it wasn't a child.

Yes i could'nt live with myself not knowing if the dog was lying there in pain ..

But i'm just another silly dogowner

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I wouldn't have posted anything about hitting the dog. I have a hard enough time posting pics of my car with a f**king RB diamond on the front, let alone killing someones pet.

We are all quick with our opinions but we werent there and we dont know all the details.

Im shocked at the comments about the dog made by some of you lot.

So you would stop in the middle of the road blocking things going past just because you hit a dog? Are you stupid or what?

182-racing-blue

So you would stop in the middle of the road blocking things going past just because you hit a dog? Are you stupid or what?

Yes of course I would. How f**king dare you say "just because you hit a dog" I have seen a jack russell dumped in a f**king bin liner at the side of the road. Sometimes animals have no say in the matter. I will say no more on this thread.

You are a useless tool.

Monaco RS Clio 172
I would stop asap but I certainly wouldn't stop in the middle of a carriageway potentially involving countless road users in sheer carnage as they come up at speed and smash thru my car

that is a VERY irresponsible thing to do tbh.. you stop quick pull over but you do not slam your brakes on and get out in the middle of a busy carriageway

182-racing-blue

I would stop asap but I certainly wouldn't stop in the middle of a carriageway potentially involving countless road users in sheer carnage as they come up at speed and smash thru my car

that is a VERY irresponsible thing to do tbh.. you stop quick pull over but you do not slam your brakes on and get out in the middle of a busy carriageway

Dont know who said about slamming the brakes on or parking up in the MIDDLE of a carriageway???

Don't even know why I came back to this thread. I guess it was just to see how many incompassionate b******s are on here saying "it'sonly a dog".

Monaco RS Clio 172
I am a dog lover, 182-racing-blue, don't get me wrong. I'd stop pretty lively, it'd break my heart to hit a dog. just got the wrong end of the stick is all.

you cannot simply "buy a new dog". that's like saying, if your son dies, just have another baby. a life cannot be compared to a car. however I'd be furious to meet the dickwad owner who cannot take care of his/her dog properly and let it run riot.

if it was a child tho I would most certainly swerve and risk hurting myself. a dog is hard to say I would definately consider it.. maybe not swerve tho if it was unsafe.. at 80 tho I believe a swerve around it might not be so bad... if the road were dead...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
IMO if it was me or a dog id kill the dog. He's said it would have been dangerous to swerve. If i were to swerve, hit a lorry, kill PEOPLE and potentially myself, i wouldn't even contemplate not hitting the dog. Although its not nice killing someones pet etc, it shouldn't have been let out onto a dual carraigeway.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Yes of course I would. How f**king dare you say "just because you hit a dog" I have seen a jack russell dumped in a f**king bin liner at the side of the road. Sometimes animals have no say in the matter. I will say no more on this thread.

You are a useless tool.

At the end of the day its still only a dog!

182-racing-blue

I'd really like to know if it was actually a dog. Like I said earlier, dogs get abandoned and there are such things as strays. Sometimes you don't get a chance.Think of the lorry driver that hit one of the Swedish Twins!! My main problem is the reaction of people on here towards animals and I have aired my thoughts and views in reaction to some shitty comments. We are at the top of the food chain, I live, dog dog dies, simple, but for people to show no compassion? It just shows what a mixture of people we have in todays society.

If you find the owner you can actually claim under the road traffic act 1988.It is there responsibility if the dog causes an accident.

Right, I've calmeddown now so I'm off out to watch the football. Have alovely evening everyone.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
If they cared so much about the f**king dog they would'nt let it walk along the road on its own would they??

320d
Thread locking ftw we're not achieving anything here. Shame bout the car, shame bout the dog. No need to argue over it lads it was an accident he did what he thought was right at the time to avoid another accident.