ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nope Wasnt That

Well, thanks to all your advice on dog bone mounts but it turns out that this wasnt the problem. My car still goes knock, knock, knock as im out of gear or just coasting and not accelerating. This noise however has almost dissapeared now that ive taken my 17s off and put the standard phase 2s on. Although it still lurches forward slightly when i let off and rattles in the engine bay when she has been running for a bit. Any more ideas? it sounded (when i had my 17s on) that the Very loud clunking/knocking noise happened as the front right wheel was turning....... Any more ideas - its really appreciated! :D

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Could be ball joint. Dont think wheel bearing as that is more of a rumble noise but definately check ball joint. Only about 12 quid for new one and not worth thinking about if it breaks at any speed !!!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Think Ball joint is on control arm suspension bit, basically wheel is attached to all that so when u go over bumps etc if it is loose it will make a noise. Found mine to be gone last year only a few weeks after MOT so probably was like that when it passed. Hence changed place I get my MOT done.

Check Haynes Manual or go to your local garage. If you can do it yourself just jack up the corner of teh car and see how much play there is in the wheel and suspension area.

Well, ive rocked it from side to sid eand it dont move! but it did begin to knock slightly as i went over the speed humps near my home..... is it easy to change?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Got mine done by mechanic. Dont mind doing brakes and stuff like that myself but when it starts to get busy under the car prefer taking it somewhere proper.

Not sure how noticable the ball joint failure is but mine knocked on rumble strips, humps, etc and thought it was just suspension. Guess if it is on the way out any play will be vertical rather than horizontal.

Soz cant help any further.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by fastwunz on 30 March 2004
Although it still lurches forward slightly when i let off :D

I tend to lurch forward a bit when I want to let off too.. :p

Sorry...