ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Normal 182 vs 182 CUP

Clio 182
Hello all, newbie so reserve your hostilites for asking a question ! hahaRecently bought a Clio 182 (first time ive owned a clio sport so only building knowledge of them by using the forum)....As the information on parkers/mycarcheck/autotrader/traders websites is usually innaccurate - I was unsure as to whether my model was a normal 182 or a CUP version..So i have just done a search on here and found my answers in the following thread : http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?480618-Difference-between-Clio-182-and-the-cup-packSo now I know I have the normal 182, would any of you recommend trying to get hold of a set of CUP springs ? (the thread above states they lower it a further 8mm than standard 182, which seems pretty minimal - although I do apprectiate that the springs will be stiffer and therefore give better handling) Im actually suprised mine hasn't already got the uprated springs as its a fairly stiff ride already to say the least ! lol.Also those of you who have normal 182s... have you gone for the cup spoiler and cup splitter or are they just not worth the money for the difference they make visually?Ive read recently alot of you use the skoda splitter, but have to be honest it looks a bit cheap and half hearted to me (only my personal opinion)Woiuld appreciate any constructive help and ideas of how to improve the car (pics of the progress of yours would be great)Please if you dont want to help dont bother getting on the have a pop at the newbiew bandwagon.... Im here for advice !Cheers

Paragraphs? :p

I would recommend eibach sportlines, similar ride quality to standard cup springs but with a slight drop and better body control.

The reason people tend to go for the skoda splitter is for value for money. Original cup splitter is in excess of £100!

Hope that helps.

Clio 182
Paragraphs? :p I would recommend eibach sportlines, similar ride quality to standard cup springs but with a slight drop and better body control.The reason people tend to go for the skoda splitter is for value for money. Original cup splitter is in excess of £100! Hope that helps.
Hahaha trust me mate it was all in paragraphs. :p Our internet at work is pants ! Ill edit it later at home before it winds someone up haha !!Cheers for that ill have a look at the eibach ones .... do people just use the standard shocks or buy a full setup for those? Thanks again

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Im getting the cooksport springs fitted tomo with standard (exsisting) shocks so will let you know how i get on.

Clio 182
Im getting the cooksport springs fitted tomo with standard (exsisting) shocks so will let you know how i get on.
That would be great mate, thanks for that ! Will say sorry again for this internet cancelling out all of the spaces! only started happening today, ill sort it out later on. :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
standard shockers are more than upto the job, so eibach springs are the go to choice. I also have a set of cooksports waiting to go on however but as yet these are new to the market and pretty much untested by the masses.

the cup splitter as people have mentioned is over 100 from renault, and although it does look better, for 11 quid the skoda one is much better and can be seen as disposable as well, so as you scrape it and bash it (you will, no matter how careful you are) it wont matter so much as a new one is just another 10 quid again! :)

personally I deliberately went for a Full Fat 182 (both cup packs) as I really like the look of the cup spoiler and splitter

Clio 182
standard shockers are more than upto the job, so eibach springs are the go to choice. I also have a set of cooksports waiting to go on however but as yet these are new to the market and pretty much untested by the masses.the cup splitter as people have mentioned is over 100 from renault, and although it does look better, for 11 quid the skoda one is much better and can be seen as disposable as well, so as you scrape it and bash it (you will, no matter how careful you are) it wont matter so much as a new one is just another 10 quid again! :)personally I deliberately went for a Full Fat 182 (both cup packs) as I really like the look of the cup spoiler and splitter
Its good to hear that the standard shocks are decent enough ... saves a lot of money that, think ill keep my eye out for some eibach ones :) how much do they lower the car?Yeah I do completely understand about the splitter, theres no way id pay 100quid for something to tickle the concrete haha :)I dont suppose you have any comparison pics do you mate ? (i know thats a big ask) eg. same colour car with/without spoiler and splitter ?Thanks for your help & adviceMike

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I don't have pics mate no, but if you search 'splitter' in the media section i'm sure it'll turn something up ;)

eibachs supposedly lower it by 25-30mm I think it is but people seem to think its a lot less than that from what I've read, that's why I went for the cooksport ones, they look to lower the car nicely by the same 25-30mm but actually do what they say they will and give it a nice stance, look in the traders or group buy section for a cooksport lowered 182

Ben

Clio 182
I don't have pics mate no, but if you search 'splitter' in the media section i'm sure it'll turn something up ;)eibachs supposedly lower it by 25-30mm I think it is but people seem to think its a lot less than that from what I've read, that's why I went for the cooksport ones, they look to lower the car nicely by the same 25-30mm but actually do what they say they will and give it a nice stance, look in the traders or group buy section for a cooksport lowered 182Ben
Cheers Ben will have a look around the forum :)

Clio 182
ive got apex springs and normal shocks ride is harsh but sits low check my posts/topics started
I don't want to make the ride too much harsher mate as its already one seriously bumpy mofo as it is haha. Ill have to ask a few people who have the eibach ones before I buy anyThanks

2014 Clio 200t edc
Cup springs will lower the car down more, and gets rid of the nose up stance the standard (non cup) clios have. If you can get them cheap then it's an idea but cooksport springs/eibachs would be better if spending that money.
cup spoiler finishes off the back end in my opinion but definately get a skoda splitter, well worth the £12!!

Clio 182
Cup springs will lower the car down more, and gets rid of the nose up stance the standard (non cup) clios have. If you can get them cheap then it's an idea but cooksport springs/eibachs would be better if spending that money.cup spoiler finishes off the back end in my opinion but definately get a skoda splitter, well worth the £12!!
Thanks mate, think im gonna go for the cooksport ones :)Ill have a look at the cup spoilers see if i can grab a bargain... problem is though theyll be in the wrong colour aswell :(The skoda splitter - is it a straight fit or does it need chopping down ? should I just search for skoda fabia splitter on ebay ?thanks againMike

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just go to a local Skoda dealer (search the part number off here). Cup spoilers demand good money, and the cooksport springs look the best value, although no reviews, yet!.

Clio 182
Just go to a local Skoda dealer (search the part number off here). Cup spoilers demand good money, and the cooksport springs look the best value, although no reviews, yet!.
I dont think we have one here mate but ill check out their website :)Yeah I think the cup spoiler will be too pricey for what it is... someone is selling one on here for 80quid but then need to repaint it aswellLet us know what you think of those springs when you have yours fitted mate. They look great in the pics from that cooksport thread, just dont want it to be overly harsh ride as it borders on that as standard reallycheers

Racing Blue 182
As said Skoda splitter is a bargain! And I managed to find a cup spoiler for £20 and got my mate to spray it (its his job) for the sum of £30, so not too bad! Worth it IMO, it really finishes the back end off nicely :)

Clio 182
As said Skoda splitter is a bargain! And I managed to find a cup spoiler for £20 and got my mate to spray it (its his job) for the sum of £30, so not too bad! Worth it IMO, it really finishes the back end off nicely :)
That was an unbelievable bargain on the spoiler mate ! pure lucky haha :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Ai realistically including paint your looking at 150 for a cup spoiler. But I'm they look great :)
Apex springs are truly awful, eibachs are reportedly much better and cooksports are supposedly similar to the eibachs. This in terms of ride quality I'm talking here

Clio 182
Ai realistically including paint your looking at 150 for a cup spoiler. But I'm they look great :)Apex springs are truly awful, eibachs are reportedly much better and cooksports are supposedly similar to the eibachs. This in terms of ride quality I'm talking here
Yeah realistcally I can't justify 150 just on a spoiler, would rather it go on the suspension....Thanks for clearing up re: suspension options, definitely going to look into the cooksport ones :) Il look for a skoda splitter aswell, and get some silvertec indicator bulbs aswell, once thats doen the outside should look ok (once lowered)Only had the car two weeks, so far ive fitted a samco induction hose, ordered a v6 airbox to replace the k&n, purchased and painted a fuel rail cover as that was missing, bought a painted engine cover, changed the cd player, changed the sidelights for LED ones and its already got a Scorpion exhaust fitted...... so just doing little bits at a time :)intent to keep it looking clean and tidy and not mess with it too much.The steering wheel will bug me though when it starts to wear badly so thatll have to get refurbed or replaced with a suede one :)Cheers for all your info guys

Hi Mike I have a non cup pack'd 182 with Eibach Sportlines, imo there low enough, give a good stance and the ride is fine. The cup spoiler has never bothered me, too much else on the list to get before that becomes a priority unless it was really cheap. Good luck with the car.

Clio 182
Hi Mike I have a non cup pack'd 182 with Eibach Sportlines, imo there low enough, give a good stance and the ride is fine. The cup spoiler has never bothered me, too much else on the list to get before that becomes a priority unless it was really cheap. Good luck with the car.

hi mate, thanks for that :) Glad to hear the ride isn't too bad. As the cooksport ones are slightly cheaper but similar in quality I may give those a try I think... definitely either those or the Eibachs though :) Yep I completely agree, Just can't spend £150 on a spoiler its crazy really, definitely lower down my list than so many other jobs. I am glad ive got the info I wanted now though regarding the differences between the two models :)

thanks again
Mike