ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Normal ride height, distance between tyre and arch?

Heyup, had some new front springs on today as one had snapped. Thought about getting prolines, but worked out a bit more I couldn't do with insurance hassles and the roads round here crap, bad enough ride already. Thing is it now looks really high at the front! Looks really odd. Is it likely to settle any or is that an old wives tale?

Anyone got a rough idea of the gap between arch and tyre on a stock 172 with stock wheels and Contis?

Is it possible to fit non RS springs on there, just wondering if they may have put wrong ones on?

Cheers, Andy

MK3 GTI golf 16v
the non sport springs wouldnt fit so its not that mate, i dont know the standard ride height but they springs do settle and drop on there own. im guessing the rears are the originals so they have a few years wear and settle in them, not a huge amount you can do about it really. they will settle a touch in the next few days or so however

ok cool, I'll see how it is in a few days. just looks very high and feels a bit like a boat at the moment. if all else fails I'll just swap for some prolines and switch insurance. cheers

Hi, it doesn't seem to have gotten any better and the ns is about an inch higher than the os. I took it back yesterday and they agreed it wasn't right, so were swapping the ns spring today. Just picked it back up after being told that it's now level and its still miles higher up on the ns, not sure they even swapped anything. Anyone any idea how much the gap should be? I'll measure it when I back home later, but it looks really wrong. Cheers, Andy

Ok here is the ns gap, looks way, way big to me. Then picture of the ns spring which looks totally diff to the os one. os one is much tighter coiled and ride height on that side isn't anywhere near as bad. Any thoughts?!

IMG_2049.png

IMG_2053.png

IMG_2051.png

Dunno, but that's the 2nd spring they have put on the ns, first time might have been wrong one supplied, but second time? Reckon I should ask for a refund or third time lucky?

Yeah not sure it's worth bothering. Might be better just trying for a refund, but I'm guessing they aren't going to want to do that happily!

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Its on stilts!! Id take it back and chew his ear off about tht m8, cant let a car leave a garage lookin lyk tht!!!