ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Norwich Union Incompetencies!!!

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Ill start at the beginning....

Last year they gave me the best quote so I went with them, papers came through and they had me down as keeping the car in the garage, when Id told them its kept on the drive.
I phoned to correct this and they said to change it would up my premium...I pointed out it was their mistake. They listened to tapes of the original call and admitted they had got it wrong, so no extra cost for me.

They then sent through amended papers...this time my reg was wrong. I phoned up and corrected them again, and finally got through correct details.

They have just sent through my renewal, still with the wrong reg!! :mad:
Its just occurred to me, that if I had needed to claim this past year, would that have invalidated my insurance...I know I have a certificate that is correct, but its just a piece of paper, their records are still obviously wrong.

Also, my quote for next year has gone up by nearly £200!!!!! Im 28, no points, no claims, live in low risk area, average yearly mileage, have over 5 years protected no claims, and they still want £800!!
Its likely Im going with someone else this year, but now Im concerned about getting my No Claims information from them to hand on to my next insurer, due to the details being wrong.

Anyone else had problems with them, if so, did they solve everything ok??

Lee

BMW M2C

You renewal is all the proof of NCB you need. That should state how many years you have.

First Alternative were best for me. I paid a bit less and have 6 points.

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 14 March 2005

You renewal is all the proof of NCB you need. That should state how many years you have.

First Alternative were best for me. I paid a bit less and have 6 points.
even so, it still carries the wrong reg of my car!!

don't

u dont need the reg mate

just need it to show that its you, your name and your address etc

i mean, you could change cars couldnt u and so diff reg anyway

hey mate im insured with Norwich Union this year, im 18 1 NCB got a 1.2 clio with alloys and i had a quote for £648!did it straight away then they sent me the papers back with a whole load of mistakes, i rang to complain and they did the same to me they upped the premium but i complained so they said they would check the calls...

still yet to hear from them and this was in january!might try and ring them again soon to see what they say

dk

911 GTS Cab

Em, I too went with Lee and had First alternative and they were way cheap, did it online so there was no room for error their end and everything seems fine, £560 protected no claims!

172 FF

I think Im gonna have to try First Alternative myself.
I tried Norwich Union. What a pain. three times I tried the online quote & no matter what I put in, it kept putting my car down as a 1.4 engine.
So then I rang them up & got onto some guy who didnt have a clue & I had to tell him my details about 4 times & he asked what car I had about 7 times.
So I put the phone down & rang them again & eventually got quoted over £1000. What a waste of time. And theyre supposed to quote you happy??

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

they are hard work all these overseas call centres. i find it very hard work understanding what they are saying. Imagine if you have to put a claim in !?!? :confused:

172 FF

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 16 March 2005

they are hard work all these overseas call centres. i find it very hard work understanding what they are saying. Imagine if you have to put a claim in !?!? :confused:

Yep, too right. I dont like them one bit. & I cant see how they are gonna save money. Because I was on the phone to them for about 30mins, when it should have only taken about 5mins. So not only does it take 6 times longer to get answer, but there will be other people trying to ring for a quote, who will have to hold for ages & might just hang up & try elsewhere.

[Edited by NIN-172 on 16 March 2005 at 11:48am]

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 14 March 2005

Em, I too went with Lee and had First alternative and they were way cheap, did it online so there was no room for error their end and everything seems fine, £560 protected no claims!
:eek: how come so cheap!!

direct line have given a good quote so far, and the woman who i spoke to was really helpful. although its not as good as yours ^^ :(. Will try First Alternative today.

172 FF

Ive tried First Alternative & Halifax (think they are both same companies), both very similar quotes. Coming in at around £580 with protected no claims - Nice :D
Which is £100 better than all the others I tried yesterday. Best out of them was Admiral at £680.
Privilege were way out, something like £800ish.