ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOS FOR CUP

wish i was good with this sh*t i could save sh*t loads!!!! how much would you fit it for benr plus petrol,accomodation, food and use of mum

lol..you can buy off me and get him to fit it, but also call other approved fitters and see how much they want.

it really is simple stuff.....its basically an inline circut with 2 switches which you wire in.

I cant fit it as im off tomorrow to HK! yay!

but i would charge you however much my mum charged + VAT :p

sorry mate bankock bettie is wot i call battie boys, gay lords who dress in drag...just like my brother!!!!....are you going to Hong Kong then or have a just confirmed i need glasses!!!

it really is easy to install the kit. Simple is not the word

Oh, but dont do what a bloke at work did, tapped his manifold with the jets! 100bhp on a 5 series bm. Cracked head! pmsl

Renault Laguna Coupe

If anyone does manage to fit one of these kits to a 172, perhaps youd take a few pics and send a fitting guide for Jas to publish on the main site.

Mk2 172

I saw a TopGear the other day, where they NOS charged an old ford banger.

On it they mentioned that "too much fuel will produce smoke" and "too much NOS will melt your engine".

How do we know on these DIY kits what the ratio should be, and how to check we have it right?

Fuel need a certain amount of air to burn completely, too little air and its rich, too much and its lean.

Its a known amount and the kits come with the correct jets to meter fueling. You fit it then test (i prefer to do an on rd test as you have load) to check fueling and ignition.

If its wrong, you alter teh fueling jet by changing it to a smaller one for too rich, or larger one for too lean. You check for detonation and r****d igniton a tad, aswell as richning things up to cool it down.

Its not just N20, any fuel burt wrong will melt an engine.

Mk2 172

So, running the NOS (slightly) rich is a good thing.

I read the information on the UNIchip, which can also be tuned for NOS and work as a trigger and can change the advance & r****d accordingly.

I guess you relay your NOS trrigger switch in with it, and it know to pick a slightly different graph.

Just guessing though.

basically yes.

But i really dont see the point in running a special map and ECU just for running N20, unless its a few hundred BHP and its a dedicated Nitrous engine for the strip etc etc.

Map switching is far more usefull for a turbo car one for power and another for economy.

ANyway, yes, run it slightly rich, a safety barrier if you will, as bottle pressures change with temp from about 800-950 psi roughly, more pressure = more flow so you need leeway. Unless you keep a close eye on pressures.

ive got a 150 bhp kit on my v6 clio with a minimax proggresive controller - i am currently running a 75 hp jet and have managed to knock nearly half a second of my qtr mile run. I raced a tommi makkinen evo 6 at york on sunday 22nd and beat him twice !. you dont need to do any mods to your ecu and it will roughly cost you about £1000 ish to get a kit ( make sure you get a proggresive controller ) contact 01302 834343 for details - my car is very reliable and dont listen to tales of engines blowing up all the time etc. if its fitted correctly and used correctly you will get the reliability as well.

true true......a progressive controller is all you need, but i dont pump that much so im fine with a simple system. ONce you start fiddling the costs go up a fair bit, im fine running 50bhp.

and i have only ever seen 1 car blow up, and thats one of yer reliable Honda Civics. He bought an american NOS system direct port injection and jsut went a bit silly, ran it with no load and it just threw a rod through the block....hehehe.....

hi ben you back then???? nos nos nos anymore people wanting yet to get the price down..found a company in chesterfield ho will do the job for 150 all in not like 300 plus vat from nos wizards in doncaster... all in need now is the nos!!!!

thought that rhys but a) i am sh*t at mechanical stuff and b) i am sh*t at mechanical stuff ..plus i am worried about the engine blowing up and doing the warranty..arrrggghhhh

ok guys i may be interested. id fit myself, but the only q i have is on refills?!?!?! im in S/SE London so where the heck could i get em?

dannyboy get in touch wth benr mate as he will be able to get us a discont and am sure he knows where to get refills

not back till mid august mate.

refilling info from the wizard site.

"

Q3) From where can I buy nitrous oxide refills?

A3) We or our agents (in some areas) can supply your nitrous oxide needs, but you may want to rent a large refill cylinder from your local branch of LYNDE gas, who can be found by contacting the Head office 0121 500 1000. If you have any problems with LYNDE gas you might try your local branch of Air Products or B.O.C. but dont tell them it is for automotive use, as in some areas they seem to think anyone who is crazy enough to use it on a vehicle is unsafe to sell it to. If you get a supply this way we can supply you a refill pipe/adapter cheaper than anyone else. Your final option is a local tuning shop who may stock gas."

Clio 172 Ph2

Ok, this is an old thread but I just wondered how you turn the NOS system on? It says on the highpower website to not have it enabled when no fuel is going through - so do use it a the rev limiter, or I guess, when youre changing gear?

It all sounds a bit tricky to be racing someone, changing gears, and flicking switches on the dash at the same time! Id want the button right under my thumb!

Seeing as how 1st and 2nd are quite short gears, would 3rd be the best one for turning the NOS system on, or can you get away with it in 2nd?

Having just watched fast and furious, I want some now!

Highpower STREET-BLASTER 100i = 489 +vat
11lb bottle upgrade (from 5lb) = 48 + vat

So can I really fit this in to work with my Dastek chip too? Probably not worth it!

Ok, any decent Nitrous system will only activate at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) so if your foot isnt to the floor, it wont be firing, no need to be flicking switches etc as you say it would be tricky and the last thing you want to be doing.

Clio 172 Cup

are they really all they make out to be?

i dont quite understand the way they work. I know u only use them every now and again, but its all the crap about how long so many litres last related to BHP bla bla!! :mad:

Clio 172 Ph2

I just read that the 5lb bottle will last 6-7 minutes on a 25jet system.
That goes very much against what BenR says about it lasting 25 seconds!

I would certainly upgrade to the 11lb bottle at the time of purchase.

i ran with 20 lbs of N20 in my car on 40 jets and it would be gone if i ran non stop for about erm, dunno now, not used it in a yr or so......

but 5lbs would be gone so quick.

My tanks lasted me about a week or 2 of intermittent use.

Ben r, I read what you said earlyer about the co2 fire extinguisher, do you know if you can buy the taps off trev and at what price. cheers Dan

thanks for that mat..no not got it done yet cos a) worried about blowing the engine up and voiding the warranty b) just bought a house so cant afford!!!!! think im gonna go chip, exhaust route and see what happens fist