ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not a clio but a good 'PC' ing!

First up how thin was the Nissan paint:doublesho :doublesho :doublesho

On average 100 microns but as low as 84 microns on some panels!!!!!

This was a new car and I suppose shows how well the Nissan robots can lay down thin layers of paint!!!!

Give these very low readings a light polish was the most that I would 'safely' go, so just as well as the paint was soft enough to 'correct' with speed glaze.

Overall paint cndition was very good and Denzil did a great job of cleaning it before I arrived so I could launch straight into clay/polish.

Swirls Before

Nissan350Z001.jpg

Swirls After

Nissan350Z007.jpg

The above section was the worst and typically was on the plastic bootlid so we couldn't take paint depth readings! Not every last defect was removed but speedglaze x2 was enough to clear most defects using the pc on speed 6 with a SFX white polishing pad.

Some marring on bootlid from a previous claying session

Nissan350Z008.jpg

And after 2 x #80

Nissan350Z009.jpg

Some during pictures

Nissan350Z023.jpg

Nissan350Z024.jpg

Nissan350Z027.jpg

Process:
Clay: Sonus green
Polish: Meguiars #80, twice on some panels, once on others
Glaze: clearkote yellow moose wax
Wax: Clearkote carnuba moose wax

Glass: megs pro glass cleaner
Arches: Powermax 3 cut 4:1, AG supersheen/ruber and vinyl
Wheels: Meguiars cleaner wax
Tyres: Megs endurance
Shutlines: Megs last touch and a thick pakshak towel!

And the afters.....................................

Nissan350Z031.jpg

Nissan350Z037.jpg

Nissan350Z040.jpg

Nissan350Z041.jpg

Nissan350Z051.jpg

Nissan350Z052.jpg

some top work though!!

you are the man all the other professional valeters out there wish they were.. lol

M140i/Orange 182
top job..very nice! i want my car pc'ed by looking at those results..anyone near or in herts, i am willing to travel :D

106 GTi
brazo said:
Cheers guys

Yes arches cleaned

Tyre gel applied with a paint brush - R-Jay style!!

So last year ;)

Did I forget to say, paint brush days for Megs Endurance are over now, have a new toy for that now !

Trusty paint brush is still used for the Vinyl and Rubber though.

Ted182 said:
top job..very nice! i want my car pc'ed by looking at those results..anyone near or in herts, i am willing to travel :D

If you don't get a response pm me in a week or so :)

r-jay said:
So last year ;)

Did I forget to say, paint brush days for Megs Endurance are over now, have a new toy for that now !

Trusty paint brush is still used for the Vinyl and Rubber though.

I prefer the paint brush to a sponge applicater

;)

Cheers guys

It didn't take 'that' long, about 7 hours with two of us. Swirls were quite light and easy to remove.

Quality work.

Much better than i've ever gotten with my PC. But then i think thats partly down to the products used.

Plus i dont think my technique is quite right. As after about 4 hours, i start to get very bored of polishing, so tend to rush it to get it finished.

Still gets good results, just not like that.