ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not feeling horny

172 Cup
Our little Clio doesn't seem to be feeling very horny - more to the point the horn doesn't work.

I've had a quick hunt around the forum and have found that I should check in the steering column to check the wires are correctly connected. I've also checked the fuse which seems fine.

Only just got the car, and whilst I don't think it's had a crash (unlike an old fiesta I had which had it's horn bodged to a switch by your right knee!) I'd like to know what other options this could be and what the likely costs involved would.

We've contacted the dealer we got it from who has just told us to tell the warrenty company (even though he 'forgot' to give us any warrenty docs) but we can't find a phone number for them and their website just has a login option and no other details, they're called A1 Approved, not sure if anyone's had dealings with them.

Anyways, hopefully someone on here has some good idea's for us to check, surprising how much you miss the horn when tw@ts keep cutting you up!

Thanks,

172 Cup
would that be the connection under the bonnet to the actual horn unit? I'll check there first if it's easier than taking the steering column apart, also is it a clip or would it need soldering? at least it seems like a common problem and hopefully won't be anything major.

Black Gold Trophy
the terminal plug usually gets corroded, take it off and give it a clean with a wire brush, should work fine after that