ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not starting first time

PH2 172
Recently my 172 hasn't been starting first time. It turns over fine, but just doesn't seem to fire up until second or third attempt.

The plugs were changed last service, and the batter was replaced a couple of months ago.

After a quick search, the TDC sensor might be a possible cause? Does that sound about right? Any other suggestions?

mine has started doing this everynow and again starts second time if i use accelerator, i got told it could be an air flow meter because of my induction kit?

Clio 182
maybe the fuel pump,doesn't work perfectly??.My 182 in the morning doesn't start at first,but if i twiceswitch on the ignitioni i hear the ac pump working. and start the engine every morning.

My advice is ispect yours: starter motor, of course the tdc(this is an idea in hugary :D ) ,fuel pump

Last edited: