ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nothing seems straight forward.

Clio 172
OK, so I thought I would take my engine out this weekend. So gave myself a couple of hours to strip front end and drain fluids, easy doable. Then both the captive nuts holding bumper to wing had snapped, which took ages on there own. Everything else went fine until I come to drain coolant, some noob has put the hose clamp in the most awkward place ever and its rusty as fook. Tried for about half hour trying to remove it, gave up and try again tomorrow. Hopefully get it out tomorrow still as long as I don't have any more problems. Rant over sorry

Clio 172
How come you had to take it out? And the phrase 'best laid plans' spring to mind 😧

Yes mate, should never make plans haha. Coming out to sort box out, as it seems easier than messing about dropping subframe ect and pulling it through the arch. If I hadn't had the problems I think it would of been ready to pull out first thing in the morning.

Clio 172
Why don't you cut the hose and order a new one? If the engine is coming out anyway, the cost of a hose may be worth the lack of hassle :smile:
I did think about that but it has a few pipes coming off it and pretty long, so thought it maybe expensive. I'll get it off............. So how

Clio 172
OK so got everything off yesterday, Basically ready to lift. Fingers crossed everything will go swimmimgly.