ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Now it really feels like a Go-Kart...

Luke001

ClioSport Club Member
  Recaro'd RB 182 Cup
Fitted my new RMD 320mm Suede wheel today, mounted on a MOMO boss, it feels so good to drive with, and the wheel cost less than 50 monies!
I ditched the centre horn button and substituted it with a bit of Alcantara i had left from trimming the dash strips to hide all the wires, i think it works well.

Ignore the gearnob, its gonna be painted to match the rest of the interior :rasp:

DSC01995.jpg

DSC02001.jpg

Nice. Replacing my wheel was one of the best mods I've done to my car.

Unfortunately the material (or whatever it is) doesnt stay looking new for very long :(

Suzuki Ignis Sport
That looks great! Would love to change the steering wheel to an aftermarket one on my car, but the only thing i'm worried about is the lack of an airbag :(

seatbelts usually do a pretty good job of stopping that ;) seemed to work pretty well on most older cars. i'm happy to take the risk.

Luke001

ClioSport Club Member
  Recaro'd RB 182 Cup
Whats the size like compared to standard wheel? Also where from and how much?

I think the standard one is 380mm and this one is 320mm, feels much smaller...and so much better ;) I got mine from Rallydesign.com and got the boss from eBay :approve:

I think a good way of visualising it, I could fit my Sabelt one inside the standard Renault one. ie. the outer edge of the Sabelt wheel is not far off the inside edge of the Renault one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not a fan of the alcantara in the centre, doesn't look good in the pics. For daily use, I'll never have a suede wheel again. Within a 6 months it'll be shiny, and slippy.

Renaultsport
Not a fan of the alcantara in the centre, doesn't look good in the pics. For daily use, I'll never have a suede wheel again. Within a 6 months it'll be shiny, and slippy.

what wheel did you have mate? ive bought one from a group buy on here for now ( i know its not going to last that long) but i just wandered if the genuine omp/sparco ones last any longer?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nay bad, though for me i'd get a horn push, even if its not used.......