ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ns2r vs ar1

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Currently the car is fitted with some ns2r which I've done a few track days on and they don't seem to wear 🤣 they don't seem to have the grip I remember from my old track car on original 888s either.
How much better are the ar1 ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Completely different tyre. NS2R are a good fun budget tyre.

AR-1’s however are a LOT grippier, have infinitely stiffer sidewalls and won’t overheat anywhere near as quickly.

But they’re about double the price.

Depends what you want from your tyres really.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Completely different tyre. NS2R are a good fun budget tyre.

AR-1’s however are a LOT grippier, have infinitely stiffer sidewalls and won’t overheat anywhere near as quickly.

But they’re about double the price.

Depends what you want from your tyres really.

After reading this i bought a set, night and day difference! Absolutely loved them today at blyton

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
After reading this i bought a set, night and day difference! Absolutely loved them today at blyton
@Breamy - can you remember how much you paid for the AR1’s back then??

I’ve just bought some and they seem really cheap compared to my other options. I assumed tyres had gone up like everything else and my usual MRF’s have gone up about £35 a tyre! But I just found 2 brand new AR1’s on eBay, delivered, for £173.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
About that. Think 90 each. They do seem to have come down a bit weirdly . Great tyre especially for that price

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get some NS2R's for the Cup in R16/195 fitment for about £350 delivered online. Bargain in my eyes and loved them at Brands.

Will try AR1s in the future if the budget allows.