ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NSX-R

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just because
honda-nsx-r-2.jpg

honda-nsx-r-1.jpg

nsx-r.jpg

Even the mesh surrounding the gear stick was lightened. The aerial can be set to half height to improve the aero. Fantastically ott. I'd batter a Scotsman, just to have a quick drive in one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
<3

I love how despite pitiful sales, they still built it in it's own factory and spend vast sums of money on refining and improving it. The last NSX-R is the first car I'd buy if I won big.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Geeky, engineers labour of love. 100bhp shortfall, and it lapped the ring quicker than a 360cs.

Modern Ferrari's are better cars because of the NSX.

M16a
They arrived at only 4 certain Honda dealers, in their own private HGV completely wrapped up and all with only 0.3miles on the clock.

Even the delivery of these was soo pernickity, but brilliant.

One of the worlds greatest ever cars imo.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Comes across, as genuine pride from everyone involved in the project. Hugely special, but people lose sight of that because it's not hugely showy.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Agreed. Anyone who says it lacks passion, is frankly an idiot.

I sat in EVO's long term NSX-R years ago when they were running it.

Definitely one of the greats.

Listerine & Poledo
Any NSX is worth losing a loved one over

saw a supercharged one with full over-and-under aero, the diffuser must have stuck out by a foot or so, but it was still facking awesome

Turbos.
This is my favourite quote on the NSX, and Rowan sums it up very well...

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

The photo of the one on a bricked driveway is actually a LHD NSX. Originally a Targa (Coupes were special order only in the US), the owner turned it into an NSX-R using all Honda parts. Think it probably cost about as much as a genuine one to convert it!

Here are some rarer specification Type S and NSX-Rs...

Silver NA1

SilverNSX-R.jpg

SilverNSX-R1.jpg

SilverNSX-R2.jpg

SilverNSX-R3.jpg

Midnight Purple w/ rear facelift conversion (Not a UK option)

2001MidnightPurpleCOUPE.jpg

2001MidnightPurpleCOUPE4.jpg

NA1 NSX-R on optional Enkeis - as pure as it gets!

NSX-RENKIES19.jpg

NSX-RENKIES1.jpg

Red NSX-R, rarest of them all (also note background cars)

04REDNSX-R.jpg

04REDNSX-R3.jpg

04REDNSX-R11.jpg

Low mileage, no optioned interior

NA2RINT.jpg

NA2RINT1.jpg

NA2RINT2.jpg

Yellow NA1

95nsxryellow5.jpg

95nsxryellow2.jpg

Power blue Type S (shame about the colour coded chin spoiler!)

U00004067616L.jpg

U00004067616_1.jpg

U00004067616_2.jpg

Time warp NA1 Custom Order Type S

07.jpg

08.jpg

03-1.jpg

04.jpg

12.jpg

NA2 Custom Order Type S

553-4_000551-1.jpg

553-4_000551-2.jpg

553-4_000551-3.jpg

553-4_000551-13.jpg

553-4_000551-14.jpg

I don't know what I prefer, the NA1 or 2... Both have such superb lines. Not the first on my "must own" list, but certainly on it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Where are all the NSX-r's?

Looks like a shoe by the way. :eek:

Turbos.
99% in Japan. And with them at £120k and rising, not many are leaving their shores.

I would like two; a near standard, low mileage NA1 for my (imaginary) collection and a facelift NA2 for Sunday drives and track days.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
99% in Japan. And with them at £120k and rising, not many are leaving their shores.

I would like two; a near standard, low mileage NA1 for my (imaginary) collection and a facelift NA2 for Sunday drives and track days.
Thought as much.

So can I buy a RHD, white NSX-r? Do you know of any in Britain Fenn?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Agreed the NA2 is nicer looking. Seats look cracking too! Did them make them in Black?

Turbos.
There is a single NA2 NSX-R in the country. Not sure where it is now, but you just missed out. It sold for £100k recently. It was the one used by Evo and was missing the NSX-R steering wheel and a few other little details as it they weren't type approved.

There are a couple of NA1 NSX-Rs around, for some reason both in a dodgy British Racing Green.

You could 'Custom Order' them in pretty much any colour you like, so yeah, black was available.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd have this in the garage, sat there being all pure and awesome...

NSX-RENKIES19.jpg

And then an NA2 R for my daily.

Turbos.
Love CW, but it is a bit common. This white fad doesn't help either. Saw a Gallardo in PW a year or so ago and, in the flesh, it looked incredible.

Turbos.
Yeah, the NSX looks small next to most modern supercars. In my eyes, the F430 looks fussy in comparison! Rear lights on the NSX are dated though...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd batter a Scotsman for an Oreo.

They're nice cars, maybe I don't "get it" but you lot get super excited over them and I really can't see why.

Partly the senna thing, partly the geekiness that goes into them, partly what the nsx did to all subsequent sports and super cars. And the noise.

I will own an nsx one day, along with a quattro. If I had those 2, I'd want for nothing else.

Turbos.
They're nice cars, maybe I don't "get it" but you lot get super excited over them and I really can't see why.

FFS, read boy.

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Plus there is the Senna involvement, the fact they were built without compromise, made multiple production 'firsts' and changed the face of supercars from that point on. I can't be arsed to find the Gordon Murray article again, but he basically knocked one out over the NSX which sums it up nicely.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
How many owners does the NSX R have now or has it just been up for sale for a long time?

Shame facelifts NA2 are so rare and command a big premium. I would love a NA2 whether facelift or not.

FFS, read boy.

Plus there is the Senna involvement, the fact they were built without compromise, made multiple production 'firsts' and changed the face of supercars from that point on. I can't be arsed to find the Gordon Murray article again, but he basically knocked one out over the NSX which sums it up nicely.

Yeah, I read it.

What Mr Bean has to say rarely has an impact on my car choice.