ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

num plate fixings?

Clio
Trying to take off my front number plate to transfer to a new bumper, looking at the two screwheads they are circular with three lines in a delta formation.

whats the name of the fixing? or the tool I would need for this screw.

cheers.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
left handed screw driver for that one right there,

but on all seriousness could you not just use a normal screw driver and i dont know what a delta formation is

Clio
delta formation, is a triangle shape. It looks like a star drive but its not star shape. Its a circle with three projections.

Clio
Looks like this but straighter
screw.jpg

Clio
the numberplate is held by two metal screws, like the ms paint picture.

so is this not normal?

Clio
Go all out, spend £5 and buy another plate??

A new plate is more than a fiver! Anyway i cant drive around with no plate for a few weeks can I? plus my MOT is due mid feb. Also if i get new plates i still have the problem with the rear plate.

Drill it out. Or buy a new plate.

drilling it out is the only thing i can do i think.

new plate lol

get a Knife and cut /hack th fk out of it untill it comes off

surly its not that hard

Its a metal screw, how the hell to you knife the fk outta metal? yes this is hard!

Dunno what the hell this is but its fcukin funny! and slightly scary:lolup:

Its hard to draw on paint. I'll take a shot of it with the dslr for better pics.

Ive tried haulfords, maplins, b&q, wicks. They just look at me like "wft:lolup:"

I assume its some sort of security screw, which renault charge £50 to unscrew.

Clio 1970000000
Its probably a rivet. Drill it out or use a hacksaw blade to cut the head off. That's what I did to mine.