ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number 465/500

C63 AMG
Hello,

I am Rex and I am not a woman. I have owned three RS cars since September 2007. Here are a few pictures of my previous and current car:

The 182 (my first RS):

IMG_02111.jpg

IMG_02131.jpg

085.jpg

Corbiere107.jpg

Oh_bugger_4.jpg

The 197 (I owned it for a month):
04112007016.jpg

The Trophy (current car):
IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

22122007070.jpg

22122007058.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

Last edited:
  C63 AMG
That was some impressive parking. Wasn't easy to get out of the space though. But it did ensure that no one dinged my door by parking too close.

C63 AMG
A few weeks ago, during a meet I organised in North Wales (32 RS cars in attendance), a Trophy rolled four times. Needless to say it will be written off.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell, your meets must be a bit mental then!

Welcome to CS. 465 looks great :)

C63 AMG
The Trophy worked out £160 pcm cheaper than the 197 and the Trophy is far more entertaining. Certainly the 197 is a better put together car and feels more grown up, but it is not as exciting.

I think after the Trophy (which I will never sell) my main car will be a Nissan GTR, well that's my target anyway: to own one in three years.

C63 AMG
Just go to Wales. No point having an RS and not taking it to the roads it belongs on. I'll quite happily spend £100 on a day's petrol to travel to Wales, the Lakes, the Dales etc...

I have been known to finish a tank of fuel in less than 160 miles!!

RB 182 Special.
A few weeks ago, during a meet I organised in North Wales (32 RS cars in attendance), a Trophy rolled four times. Needless to say it will be written off.

Correction, 'we organised in North Wales'. ;)

Rex has a knack for parking, but contrary to what he believes, he is actually not the 'beautifullest man in the Earth'.

It's good to hear some nice comments about the photos of Rex's wonderful cars, especially as I took photos 1, 2 & 5 :)approve: ).

Our meets are wonderful and North Wales quite simply is the Holy Land. The guy that had a little bump the other week wasn't so good though. We'd spilt the immense amount of cars into 2 groups (Rex leading one and me leading the other) and he was in my group. I knew something was up when I'd been waiting at the end of the road we were on for almost 10mins and no one had turned up. Yes, I pulled out quite a gap (because I know the road), but I was worried. What a mess, but it's a testament to Renault that the Trophy protected the two guys and they were able to walk away from a frankly horrific accident with only minor injuries.

Anyway, enough of that. Rexina isn't a girl, but he is as feminine as they come.

C63 AMG

Correction, 'we organised in North Wales'. ;)

Rex has a knack for parking, but contrary to what he believes, he is actually not the 'beautifullest man in the Earth'.

It's good to hear some nice comments about the photos of Rex's wonderful cars, especially as I took photos 1, 2 & 5 :)approve: ).

Our meets are wonderful and North Wales quite simply is the Holy Land. The guy that had a little bump the other week wasn't so good though. We'd spilt the immense amount of cars into 2 groups (Rex leading one and me leading the other) and he was in my group. I knew something was up when I'd been waiting at the end of the road we were on for almost 10mins and no one had turned up. Yes, I pulled out quite a gap (because I know the road), but I was worried. What a mess, but it's a testament to Renault that the Trophy protected the two guys and they were able to walk away from a frankly horrific accident with only minor injuries.

Anyway, enough of that. Rexina isn't a girl, but he is as feminine as they come.

I is well gay innit.

Yes I apologise: we organised it. But we would like to state that we wanted to call it off due to very poor weather. Never, ever drive these roads in poor conditions. Especially if you don't know them. Stay at home and get drunk instead.

RB 182 Special.
Agreed!

Oo, Rex, more of my photos (some of those are anyway). And with my beloved old 106 on there as well. I'm sure I've posted that photo of your old 182 (RIP) and my 106 (RIP ) on here before, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
  RB 182 Special.
Since I registered on here ages ago but haven't really been on since, Rex and I have agreed that this will be 'our' new members thread to save me doing one -and to make it clear that I'm not trying to take over the thread.

I used to have a 151bhp 106 GTI as my daily driver and a 270-280bhp GTIR as my weekend play thing. I then relocated so sold the GTIR and kept that wonderful, amazing, sublime (yes I liked it a lot) 106. And I kept it proudly until this happened:

*uploading pics now*

RB 182 Special.
The one with the swooping bend. The A686: WHAT A ROAD!!

Yeah, that's the one. Yes it is a magnificent road! And you just know it's in the 1st Lakes route this year. ;) I can't wait to take the 'new' woman up those roads on the way to my Mum's when I visist there this weekend. She's only ever seen my day-to-day driving -and has commented on how smooth it is and well I keep within the speed limits. Ohhhhh, she's in for a surprise...

RB 182 Special.
Since I registered on here ages ago but haven't really been on since, Rex and I have agreed that this will be 'our' new members thread to save me doing one -and to make it clear that I'm not trying to take over the thread.

I used to have a 151bhp 106 GTI as my daily driver and a 270-280bhp GTIR as my weekend play thing. I then relocated so sold the GTIR and kept that wonderful, amazing, sublime (yes I liked it a lot) 106. And I kept it proudly until this happened:

*uploading pics now*

Oh well, since I've just found out I can't amend posts once they've been up for 15mins I'll just quote it and make a new post:

28042007036a.jpg

28042007038a.jpg

IMG_2585a.jpg

This is the 1st time these photos have ever been shown!

I actually welled up as my little beauty was dragged up onto the recovery vehicle. The damage was baaaad. Photos can't do it justice. RIP lovely 106, you are the most intimate drive I've ever had!

RB 182 Special.
So far you two aren't painting yourselves in the best light LoL

Maybe this plethora of photos will paint me in a 'better' light:

IMG_0515wide.jpg

IMG_0512wide.jpg

IMG_0513a.jpg

12082007352aSidewaysina182.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

12082007378a.jpg

IMG_0643warm.jpg

After I wrote my beautiful 106 off I bought this, the most stunning 182 I have ever seen (from a member on here Dan Page, a thoroughly nice guy) and have had it for over a year now. It is just incredible in every possible way!

Last edited:
  Mk1 Maxim Sport
"After I wrote my beautiful 106 off I bought this, the most stunning 182 I have ever seen (from a member on here Dan Page, a thoroughly nice guy) and have had it for over a year now. It is just incredible in every possible way!"

It looks exactly the same as every other 182! whats so stunning?