ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number Plate Removal 172 FF

172 FF
I am looking to change my number plates but i am not sure how to remove the originals as they are not held on with screws. Don't wanna jus pull them off without knowing whats holding them on, anyone know the best method? Its a 172 FF. Cheers, jelfsy

megane
jelfsy
Forum User

Car: Clio 1.2 16v Sport Mk 2

if its a FF u need to change this lol

172 FF
o yeh i forgot bout that lol

Nah theres no screws going thru the actual plate cant see down behind it to see if theres any rivets etc holding it on. got a bad feeling if i jus rip them off i'll do sum damage!

megane
its prob double sided tape then, just peel it off slowly, if u do damage it, your stickin another 1 straight over it though arnt u??
shouldnt damage anyway

mini cooper (RIP 172)
like said if not screws then it will be double sided tape! just pull them off from one side

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Knowsit . Soften the glue with a hairdryer cos they can be a bugger to pull off .

ph2 172
Strong fishing line or nylon string. Work it behind the plate and pull it up then down in a sawing motion as you move along from one side of the plate to the other.
then just carefully remove any left over tape and if any glue is still stuck on the paint, use swan lighter fluid and a soft cloth to remove it. Simples!! ;)