ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Numberplate removal..

BG 182
My 3/4 plates were done today and i want to fit the front one now lol.. My exsisting plates are currently held to the car via those sticky numberplate strips that you can get.. I was just wondering what the best way is to remove them from the car?

Thanks,
Dan :)

BG 182
I was thinking of running some hot water down the back of the plates, this may loosen up the adhesive?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Hair dryer , pull on the plate as your heating it up and it'll come off . You'll probably have some of the sticky pad still stuck to the car . Just warm it up and rub it with your finger and it'll come off .

106 GTi
Autoglym Tar and Adhesive Remover will also do a good job of removing anything sticky left behind.

Autoglym Tar and Adhesive Remover will also do a good job of removing anything sticky left behind.

Remember it strips any polish or wax that may be there, so you'd have to polish and wax afterwards any bit of paint work that the Tar and Adhesive Remover touches ;)