ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring 2008

Well, all i can say is thats its the most amazing place i have ever been. If anyone ever thinks about going, you have to just do it!!! Some of the roads on the way are amazing, and the track itself is savage!!

We stayed in london on the thursday night, and went down with my mate in his Focus RS.
064.gif

060-1.gif

078.gif

082.gif

Were were then met at the hotel by my other mate in his very nice M3 with carbon roof :dance: An absolute machine, more about that later.
068.gif

069.gif

070.gif

071-1.gif

O and a scobby :lol:
076.gif

We set off for the ring friday morning, and boarded the euro tunnel at 9:20, arriving in calais around 11am(French time)
086-2.gif

089.gif

Some of the vies were amazing!
090.gif

Plenty of casualties along they way
091.gif

Pit stop
092-1.gif

We arrived at the ring on the friday afternoon around 4pm, and decided to head straight on for our first lap.
The clio handled awesome, considering the tyres wernt the best, after its first lap the outer edge of the front tyres had taken a beating, and pedal travel on the brakes increased, clearly boiled some fluid :)
Awesome track, its so different being on it, it throws you around left and right, the cambers are crazy, and the carousel is bumpy as hell! 7:30 came and track was closed, headed back to the hotel, then out for food and drink.
Saturday morning, woke up nice and early for a blast down the autobahn, M3 hit its limiter at 170mph!! Focus managed 150mph, scooby hit 145 and clio got 138 (Soon to be improved sunday ;))
We then went to watch the 1000km lemans series i believe at the F1 track, sureal being there!
135-2.gif

156.gif

148-2.gif

123.gif

121-1.gif

Left there around 5:15 and headed back to the Ring for opening at 6pm, 1 more lap in the clio and it had destroyed the brakes, brake fade was crazy.
Managed to hitch a passenger ride in the M3,sooo much torque, especially up the hills. Managed a 165mph on the last straight and a lap time of around 10.5mins ish. Headed back to hotel, food and beer again.
Few snaps of cars there
094-1.gif

096-1.gif

103.gif

102.gif

104.gif

110.gif

111.gif

112-1.gif

114.gif

115.gif

116.gif

117.gif

118.gif

160.gif

166.gif

164.gif

Sunday, last day, headed off home around 11am, got lost from the focus so while stopped waiting, took a few snaps
167.gif

169.gif

170.gif

172.gif

173.gif

Last autobahn session on the way home
177.gif

Clio actually creeped to 150mph, and hit its limiter in 5th gear :):):):):)
Arrived home around 9pm.
Loved every minute of it!
EPIC!

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
loooks good matey i cant wait till i go again next year i blagged a ride in a lambo when i was out there and done a lap of 7.55 that was mad glad you had a good safe trip clio faired well by the looks of it nice one

Just wait until Weeman comes along and tells the story of "the day he got caught by the Polizei" lol

Glad you had a good trip though, I really must get out there this year, in danger of going 12 months without steak on a stone :(

E90
A61 on sections is the only bit of bahn, just about going back towards England. My caught by the police LOL never

Friday was glorious, the BMW had some amazing laps, including harrassing a black 997 through brunnchen, while Jim C waved him to get out the way in the passenger seat, 888's FTW. I also Ran out of electricity in brunnchen 2 on friday, and had to stop to put the battery lead back on, and sort the immobilisier out lol

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Looks amazing, glad everyone had a great weekend and made it home safely! That M3 is immense in white specially with that cf. Can't wait to go myself, though it may be a while off tbh lol!

Limiter in 5th FTW :cool:

Weeman sucks ****
A61 on sections is the only bit of bahn, just about going back towards England. My caught by the police LOL never

Friday was glorious, the BMW had some amazing laps, including harrassing a black 997 through brunnchen, while Jim C waved him to get out the way in the passenger seat, 888's FTW. I also Ran out of electricity in brunnchen 2 on friday, and had to stop to put the battery lead back on, and sort the immobilisier out lol

you want another autobahn lesson?

hi

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL @ memories of the clio's hugely out speedo!

160mph indicated! 142mph gps!

172, Tiguan

you want another autobahn lesson?

hi

Er hi!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Watched a programme on the Autobahn apparently the police are going to be using RUF Porsche's to catch those in higher performance cars, it was nuts a guy in an R34 was clocked doing 169 and told to 'slow down' lol

182 ff with cup pack's
cool pic's, will be back out there in 4 weeks time. i watched that race on tv yesterday the white lambo broke down that u have a pic of looks like a really good trip

Watched a programme on the Autobahn apparently the police are going to be using RUF Porsche's to catch those in higher performance cars, it was nuts a guy in an R34 was clocked doing 169 and told to 'slow down' lol

We were doing 160kph and a police bike ame along side and just said slow down, speed limit was 130kph. Very nice of him

Focus RS
Im still laughing now at the memories of that thing on its door handles trying to keep up going round some of those bends on route to the ring, Cant believe how much roll it has.