ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring advice

clio 172 cup
Hello all,

I thinking of taking my clio 172 cup over to the nurburging, not to race but just to say ive done it! Has anyone got any advice????

172 track car+ rs200
Hello and welcome mate, my tip is going to be, take out european cover with ADAC, im not usually one for extra cover etc, however whilst over there recently a friend had a timing belt slip! anyway his car is getting brought back to the uk, if i had not being able to give him a lift they would have put him on a plane, Cover is a bout £60 thats my tip, if you go have a great time

SQ5
It's worth having a passenger to keep and eye on the mirrors when going round just keeping you aware of cars behind you!

Megane r26
I was there last weekend, did a few laps in me trophy. All I'd say is treat it as a spirited sunday morning drive. As Danny said always good to take a passeger as a pair of eyes, I did. Also makesure your car is free of un nessersary items when your going round. Every lap I went on there was an incident of some sort but just tap your time an you'll be fine

182, 6r GTi
do a few sighting laps so you know the track roughly, quite a few misconceiving corners to catch you out, go at a pace your comfortable with don't let it turn in to a race keep within your limits

Renaultsport Twingo
Agree with everything said just a few more pointera

Watch literally hundreds of youtube vids preferably of a car around the same speed so maybe watch plenty of clio/twingo laps
Play it on forza 4 for the next few weeks and learn ideal line. Gamesvare not like the real thing but you can at least learn which way thee track goes.
Take it really steady first few laps sitting at 60mph the whole way round would be just as beneficial as going for it.
Try not to get into a race with slower cars! Guy in his 1.0 fieata could well annihilate you through the bends.

Have fun!