ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nurburgring record broken again!!

Chelsea tractor
Why can't they be like a mercedes and just hold the revs constant when you hit the limiter?

Chelsea tractor
It maybe be because most mercs are restricted so what looks like is “redline” isnt
I don't think many cars have the limiter on their "redline" though. It's just instead of cutting the power and then letting it back on, it keeps it constant

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I wonder how much quicker an F1 car would do that lap in

I doubt it'd even get round TBH.

They'd have to soften it right up and raise it a foot, just to stop it bottoming everywhere!

IIRC, Nick Heidfeld did a few laps in a Sauber F1 a few years ago, as a BMW promotional. And they had to really tone the car down for it.

I'd love to see it though, if they did make the modifications... i bet it'd be silly quick!

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Lovely!

Could have taken the foxehole flat though lol

Was there when Nick Heidfield lapped - great atmosphere!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

They'd have to soften it right up and raise it a foot, just to stop it bottoming everywhere!

IIRC, Nick Heidfeld did a few laps in a Sauber F1 a few years ago, as a BMW promotional. And they had to really tone the car down for it.

I'd love to see it though, if they did make the modifications... i bet it'd be silly quick!

Would be interesting to see what a BTCC car could do it in. Though I think it would need some serious ratio changes to get a half decent top speed!

D.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Some of the time when he was on the limiter it would of wasted more time changing and then down changing i think.

He was right on the edge

Mazda MX5 1.8
he does seem to spend a lot of time on the limiter but i guess hes not there to look or sound good :)

flipping ugly car tho imo - ill take the vette

Last edited:

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
What a car and driver, noticed he got the wrong gear twice so could have been a bit quicker too :)

visualize whirled pe
He could probably be even quicker around there, amazing skills as one mistake would be game over.

It's actually nice to see an American car beast the worlds great handling track.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
^^ Just what i was think the flack american cars get for not handling, all thought it is a car build for club racing

Vauxhall Astra turbo

Do a search on you tube its on there i watched it the otherday. they had to raise it thats all not tone it down.

182 ff with cup pack's
the driver is the zarkspeed driver who do's passenger laps in there viper round the ring so he know the track

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i

Do a search on you tube its on there i watched it the otherday. they had to raise it thats all not tone it down.

It had rubbish gear ratios, super hard tyres and a very high ride height by F1 standards

Weeman sucks ****

i was there for those laps when hiedfeld went round, was amazing to see even though f1 is as fun as using windows!!!

not sure on the times he got though.

lol at the length of the gears on that viper, brave to say the least with no cage.