ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring

172, Tiguan

No we wont its illegal.

Unless youve got a bullet cam as well Dai?

How much are they?

OK, so is it illegal to film on a toll road ? Do they make their own rules as they charge to drive on their road ?

TT 225

Camcorders are banned - but hey, my Ixus takes video, and so does my mobile ;) Better than nothing (or spending too much on bullet cams lol)

172, Tiguan

I think it was made illegal because there were to many people being heros thinking they could break the lap record.

*goes off to investigate the price of bullet cams..

lol @ jon_r

if u cant record fron in car ill just strap jon to roof with tape and he can hold a camera OUT SIDE the car lol

I think cameras and video were banned as other manurfacturers test there cars round the ring as well so they dont want people selling photoes of the cars which are still secret.

172, Tiguan

But your still allowed cameras in the paddock and allowed to take pictures from the side of the track.

Filming is banned and can result in a ban, hence you wont catch me doing that! ;)

Bullet cams cost £135 and your camcorder must have an AV input.

I will also be ther 17th to 20th Sept when I know some of you are going.

dk

911 GTS Cab

oh, so the old ring is not a race track but a toll raod then? Is there a speed limit?

TT 225

No speed limit, you pay your toll fee (ok you buy your ticket, like getting out of a carpark), the barriers go up and away you go, as fast or as slow as you like. Beware the coaches full of old people and the white van drivers :D (yes, both were on track when I was there lol)

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly on 27 August 2004

Only need a stop watch to time my lap records lol - Did a 12 minute, hardly record breaking :(
Ive got camera footage of me doing it in just over 10minutes in a standard valver

did you stop for a pic mic on the way round ;)

TT 225

I wasnt in my car (you stuff it, you buy it rules applied) - and it was my first lap - dont pick on me :( LOL

Whats a pic mic anyway :p

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 27 August 2004

I think it was made illegal because there were to many people being heros thinking they could break the lap record.

*goes off to investigate the price of bullet cams..
That reminds me, someone should have a word with y0z before we get there. ;)

the reason filming was banned was because there was a bloke on a motorbike that filmed all his laps then posted them on the internet for people to beat he did eventually film his own death trying to outdo himself !!

i managed to film a 9min30 ( had me mate in the car .. when we went through the barrier he wipped the cam from the back seats and bingo !! )

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah thats what it is. First they banned timing cos of people crashing or dying by pushing it too far in trying to clock particular lap times. Then when stopwatches were banned, people resorted to using their video footage as a timing method. So therefore, video was banned as well.

In practice though, theres not a lot they can do to stop people videoing while they still allow passenger rides. All it took last time we went over was for Ben to get in the car with me with a camera in his jacket, as soon as we were away from the start line, he just got it out and started filming.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 28 August 2004

You would be better off getting a taxi ride with eddd in his ragnotti hes quicker than sabine in the ring taxi if you ask me.
lol, he was bloody quick in an Astra diesel last time!

Is eddd on here Ed from Luxembourg cos if so he took me out for a lap in the C-car (those familiar with Ben Lovejoys site will know it, Golf GTi 16v MK2) and yeah, he does know his way around :D

He looked at my car when Kelly and I met him and said "that looks like a fun car" and the thought crossed my mind I might get him to drive me round in my own car to "see what it could do" LOL

When I got back I was like get the hell away from my car it will fall apart if you use that much kerb!

So Kelly and I broke it ourselves. f**king mint fun LOL

Yeah he drove mine round aswell got it airborne a few times while explaining the finer points oh heal toe and left foot braking. He must be able to do the track blind folded as he was facing me and talking to me most of the way which was very un nearving. :)

Clio 197

So, it looks like people are fired up about the 19th.

I didnt see you there on Monday Dave. I did see Jules though.

Ed