ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NUTS AND BOLTS

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Really?

I've had loads off them, no issues.
They must have furloughed all their good people then.

Two simple bolts ordered on 24th October that never arrived. After a week I got in touch and they apologised like you'd expect and offered to send another two out. They never arrived either. They then offered to send me another set and those were supposed to have arrived today but haven't. I get the Coronavirus is affecting things but in my experience Royal Mail 1st Class is pretty good and 2 days at the most. In fact to back that up i bought 2 rear hub axles off a lad on the forum and he sent by Royal Mail 1st Class on Wednesday and they arrived this morning.

My suspicions were alerted when they wouldn't provide me a tracking number so I could see what was going on. And after putting more pressure on them it turns out they didn't even bother sending them. Plenty more companies to buy from.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
They must have furloughed all their good people then.

Two simple bolts ordered on 24th October that never arrived. After a week I got in touch and they apologised like you'd expect and offered to send another two out. They never arrived either. They then offered to send me another set and those were supposed to have arrived today but haven't. I get the Coronavirus is affecting things but in my experience Royal Mail 1st Class is pretty good and 2 days at the most. In fact to back that up i bought 2 rear hub axles off a lad on the forum and he sent by Royal Mail 1st Class on Wednesday and they arrived this morning.

My suspicions were alerted when they wouldn't provide me a tracking number so I could see what was going on. And after putting more pressure on them it turns out they didn't even bother sending them. Plenty more companies to buy from.

And i ordered 50 bolts off Cromwell same day as Falcon and I got them the next day. Maybe because it was such a small order of two bolts costing £5.99 they couldn't be a***d to send them out. Maybe you have to buy in bulk to get half decent service. Who knows!

Foolishly I didn't heed your advice, and just ordered them online!
No communication as yet to say if they are on the way, so I might have to do some chasing

Forgot to update.
The bolts turned up in good time and are the correct item.
I would happily use that supplier again.
I also had good service from these guys for gaskets, clutch cable etc. https://www.autopartspro.co.uk/renault-carparts/clio-ii-bb0-1-2-cb0-1-2/17869
Think it all comes from Germany though!

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
For Motorsport applications i'd also recommend Schnorr Safety Washers. Expensive but perfect to counter the loosening effect caused by vibration. We use them on our rally cars.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Update - When i changed my rear beam at the weekend on my standard Clio 182, I found the bolts from the chassis to beam mount - M10 x 1.5 x 130 mm - QFT6001058Q didn't have enough thread on them. The only way I could torque them down was to add several washers which isn't ideal.

I tried to add some more thread to each bolt but the nut wouldn't go past the old thread.

I hadn't realised that the other guys have race/track builds so have plates in place for cages adding to the depth. I've since been onto my local Renault dealer and they're still available, so it's set me back £8 a bolt - part number 7703015200 for reference. Costly but the job has to be right.

Renault Clio 182 FF
Potentially stupid question incoming but a lot of the references to the Cromwell bolts refer to cup head bolts, now I am only looking at replacing my dampers so only need the bolt for the hub but loads of bolts are quoted as cap head when replacing for new, is there a reason for this? I thought the original renault bolts are hex head. Am I missing something in terms of socket cup head being better?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Potentially stupid question incoming but a lot of the references to the Cromwell bolts refer to cup head bolts, now I am only looking at replacing my dampers so only need the bolt for the hub but loads of bolts are quoted as cap head when replacing for new, is there a reason for this? I thought the original renault bolts are hex head. Am I missing something in terms of socket cup head being better?
The Socket Head Cap Screws referred to in this thread are a higher grade, in this case 12.9, and are being used for motorsport applications.

From memory the Hex factory bolts you’re looking for are 10.9 and are more than adequate for the job.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 182 FF
The Socket Head Cap Screws referred to in this thread are a higher grade, in this case 12.9, and are being used for motorsport applications.

From memory the Hex factory bolts you’re looking for are 10.9 and are more than adequate for the job.
Cheers Jon, that makes sense now.

RSPez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RB 182
Hello.

sorry to bring this thread back up again.
are the nuts and bolts in this thread okay to use on a road car or shall i stick to the 10.9 grade?

Also is this the most up to date Graph there is?

Thanks
Pez

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Hello.

sorry to bring this thread back up again.
are the nuts and bolts in this thread okay to use on a road car or shall i stick to the 10.9 grade?

Also is this the most up to date Graph there is?

Thanks
Pez
Yes, although the rear beam bracket bolts - the ones that go in through the boot - are too long. Go for standard Renault ones.