ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NUTS

Hi All,

Noticed today that my 182 doesnt have locking nuts..should it have them?

It has the removeable cap but that isnt very secure!!

Do i need special ones (had to get a special set for my old OZ wheels)

Is it best to get them from Renault of anywhere else and also rough estimate on cost please would be great!

Ta

Alfa Mito 155TB

Yes you should have the locking wheel nuts for your car..

Go and see your main dealer..they just havent fitted them by the sound of it.

If that fails then I would recommend buying a set of Mcgard locking bolts from Halfords

I wouldnt use a set of locking wheel nuts. You may do them up by hand, but all it takes is one garage to use too much force, or a bit of corrosion to lock them in place and make them a complete pain.

I just spent three days trying to get a set of mine off. The key broke and for a day or two I thought I was buggered. I tried everything - gator grip, bashing a socket on etc. In the end, I was fortunate that the locking nuts were incredibly the originals fitted to the car in 1993 by Renault and double incredibly Renault found the last key in the country for me! It still took serious blood, sweat and tears.

Quite frankly, Id rather take my chances than go through all that again. Not the first set thats caused me grief!!

Alfa Mito 155TB

But although you can be buggered if you loose the key or it gets knackered...BenH you have proved nicely that they do the job...there can be nothing more devastating than someone coming out to find the wheels gone and the car sitting on bricks or worse just dropped onto the disks on the ground.

Indeed..thanks for the info..car is tucked away at night in the garage anyway but i hate leaving it

Would cry if i came back to it and found that someone had "lowered" it for me!

Cheers