ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2 deals on the iPhone?

Afternoon

I am currently trying to negotiate a new deal with o2 and I am half-heartedly interested in the Iphone (i.e. if I don't get what I want, I will just wait until the N97 comes out and get that probably for free from another provider).

I am looking for 600 mins and 500 texts, an Iphone 3G S 16 gb and the same £25 a month tariff I've had for several years (I do go over that every now and again, but that doesn't fuss me). I am, if necessary, happy to go up to 24 months but would prefer 18 months.

I was told by an o2 operator that they don't negotiate the Iphone deals, so no discounts unfortunately - £35 a month and then either £180 for the Iphone for 18 months or £90 for 24 months.

Am I dreaming, or do you reckon they will negotiate?

Thanks for the honest responses, looks like I'll be leaving o2 then for an N97 and 18 months.

Couldn't do the business option as whilst I do work for a company, the mobile is not, largely, for company use and will not get paid for by them.

Clio 182 cup'd
mobiles.co.uk have the same deals, however, if you use QUIDCO you can get £60 cash back on the purchase, making the 16gb 3gs £27 on a 24 month contract...

VaVa
The deal is, you pull 'em down and bend over. It's a rip off, but the iPhone is a must have so they know people will pay it regardless. No deals to be had - I've been with 02 for 9 years and they won't give me a f**king penny off lol :-(

RB 182
only looked at iphone on o2 website

is the contracts the same as in store??? reason texts, im a big texter and 500 wouldnt be enough.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
But if something goes wrong with the phone it's a return to Apple jobbie regardless of where you get it from. O2 will tell you to f**k off.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
If I am already with o2 can I still upgrade via mobiles.co.uk and keep my same number etc or will it be just as easy going through o2? Was just thinking I could get the 32gb for £30 using quidco instead of the 16gb

Clio 182 cup'd
Nuff said. Dont do CPW

Any real reason? Or is that just how you feel? Seems a little odd as I took delievery of my iphone with an 02 sim card...I'm guessing from 02, and an iphone, I'm guessing from Apple.

If either break I know exactly where to take them. And if its something to do with customer service, then I was pleased to hear and English voice when I called mobiles.co.uk, so I have no complaints.

Any real reason? Or is that just how you feel? Seems a little odd as I took delievery of my iphone with an 02 sim card...I'm guessing from 02, and an iphone, I'm guessing from Apple.

If either break I know exactly where to take them. And if its something to do with customer service, then I was pleased to hear and English voice when I called mobiles.co.uk, so I have no complaints.

The fact i used to work for them doesnt give me confidence, and how mobiles.co.uk after service works again gives me the same feelings.

I'd have bought my iPhone from either of them tbh, purely because of how good Apples customer care is.

If your iPhone breaks, then all you need to do is go to an Apple store and they'll replace it for you. You don't need to contact CPW/Mobiles/o2.

I wouldn't buy an SE/Nokia from them though.

Clio 182 cup'd
The fact i used to work for them doesnt give me confidence, and how mobiles.co.uk after service works again gives me the same feelings.

Any reason? again you are slating a company without offering any explanation, other than that you used to work for them. Give us some idea of "how bad" they are so people can made their minds up whether to use them or not. From my point of view they have been spot on, so it would be interesting to see it from another perspective.

Any reason? again you are slating a company without offering any explanation, other than that you used to work for them. Give us some idea of "how bad" they are so people can made their minds up whether to use them or not. From my point of view they have been spot on, so it would be interesting to see it from another perspective.

It was mainly with regards to cashback we had complaints against. Anymore info you need, just pm me.

I think unless you've been with 02 for years there's NO deals.....Unless you can get on 02 business , which is what ive done today , unlmited texts FTW. ( at the expense of 200 mins per month )

I think unless you've been with 02 for years there's NO deals.....Unless you can get on 02 business , which is what ive done today , unlmited texts FTW. ( at the expense of 200 mins per month )

How do I get on o2 business then?

I'm still mulling over whether to get the N97 or suck in an extra £10 a month and £90 for the Iphone :(

£330 for a fcuking phone, for heaven's sake.

It's not a rip off. It is what it is. The leading cell phone in the world. You won't get bargains. If you want a bargain, get an inferior handset.