ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 home phone and broadband

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
We've been tiscali/talktalk users for ever, and tbh it hasn't been as bad as most, but I'm still considering the move. Anyone with o2? What's your thoughts?

Cheers, James

172 cup TT
Ive just moved to quite a small village and changed to O2.. its good. House is 20 years old so quite new wiring and 2k from the exchange plus O2 own their part of that particular exchange too so doesnt have to go through BT first. On 10meg and getting a constant 7 - 8.. im happy with that.

We're with o2 for just broadband.
It was £7.50 for up to 8meg for us, which when we joined up about a year ago was a really good price.
you get a discount if you already have an o2 mobile, even if you're just a pay as you go customer, like I am, so it was only £7.50 a month, rather than £12.50 or something like that.
Been pretty good connection wise. can't comment on their home phone package though!

Connection is good, been with them for about three months and never had a disconnect.......speed a bit worrying though...on their 20meg package...only getting 10meg.....I know this doesnt sound bad, but when I was with AOL on their 8meg service was getting 6meg........

Go cry to your momma!
That's probably all your old crappy copper line can take - 21st century technology carried via Victorian copper ;D

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Cheers for the views guys. Afraid they seem to think it's not available at my house ATM. Without sounding retarded, could it be due to tiscali currently provided my landline?

Cheers

Go cry to your momma!
Yep, you need to have a BT line to migrate across..

If you pay your line rental to tiscli, you are 100% on their network...very hard to migrate away from them (did it myself 6 weeks ago to plusnet, then moved over to o2)

That's how I'd go about it fella..PN is better than paying BT :)

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Do plusnet offer 1 months of line rental? how hard is it - e.g. can I just order PN line rental, then tell tiscali to stuff it, or do i have some pain-staklingly long process to go through? :p

Go cry to your momma!
i takes 2-3 weeks to migrate away with it being completely LLU'd but is a fairly easy process..

Sign up to their broadband (free for 3 months still I think?) and one of their homephone deals, don't take the router they offer and pay the £40 fee they offer so that you're not in a contract of more than 30 days..

Once you're over to PN, get your mac and bugger off to o2 :)

That's the cheapest and most simple way to get away from a completely LLU'd operator such as tisali..
Seems soft to me that they can't still migrate you easily with a MAC code!