ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 payg..

Basically, is there anyway of stopping the balance automatically showing whenever I have sent a text/made a phone call.

This is a problem as if I don't "ok" the message, it wont show any new messages until I have OKed the balance away.

VERY annoying if by accident you don't OK it and then people are messaging me and I don't know about it.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Can you not just call up customer services from your phone (should be free) and ask them to switch it off? I'm sure I've heard others do that.

anyway.....you have to ring up o2 and make sure you get through to the payg department. Then tell them you want the amount reminder to be turned off and they can do it for you.

you have a csl and a payg mobile?
I have a contract as well, but I'm sick of running up 300 pound bills. So once I have used all my free minutes/texts I put my payg sim card in and get a further 500/unlimited (depending how much I top up). Not that it's any of your business.

ollie let me know if you find out as it anoyes the hell out of me.

You have to ring customer services and get them to do it, takes up to 24 hours to activate. Gonna ring up tomorrow and do it :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I have a contract as well, but I'm sick of running up 300 pound bills. So once I have used all my free minutes/texts I put my payg sim card in and get a further 500/unlimited (depending how much I top up). Not that it's any of your business.

Mate what nework/tariff are you on?! How many mins/texts do you use a month?

Just curious cos I work in CPW and never come across that unless its a one-off phone-happy month.

Just curious cos I work in CPW and never come across that unless its a one-off phone-happy month.

O2, 1000 free texts is the best they did when I went with them, contract ends in a few months so cba getting the 'unlimited' bolt on. Can clear 1500 texts in a week without problem and use the phone for at least an hour per day.

330Ci (Fail)Sport

O2, 1000 free texts is the best they did when I went with them, contract ends in a few months so cba getting the 'unlimited' bolt on. Can clear 1500 texts in a week without problem and use the phone for at least an hour per day.

f**k me! 1800mins a month at least then. Dunno why CPW hasnt got close to e2save but just seen this N95 Black £75/month for 3000 mins and 500 texts. Think o2 might still be doing (if I'm correct in the 1st place) of £7.50 for unlimited texts. Not sure if is available but saw a lot of £7.50 unlimited stuff such as data (200MB), o2 calls (3000 mins I think) etc. If not then £30 for 1000 texts. Plus 9 months half price via Cheque Back. e2save are a bit more fussier than CPW for cheque back but if you do it properly, they'll send you the cheque, so £56.25/month.

My ex got a lil messed about by e2save once and they said her bill was the wrong one and she couldn't get her savings but she got a cheque in the post anyway lol CPW have been no bother for me.

If you want, can have a look at instore offers on Saturday mate if you know what phone you're interested in.

f**k me! 1800mins a month at least then. Dunno why CPW hasnt got close to e2save but just seen this N95 Black £75/month for 3000 mins and 500 texts. Think o2 might still be doing (if I'm correct in the 1st place) of £7.50 for unlimited texts. Not sure if is available but saw a lot of £7.50 unlimited stuff such as data (200MB), o2 calls (3000 mins I think) etc. If not then £30 for 1000 texts. Plus 9 months half price via Cheque Back. e2save are a bit more fussier than CPW for cheque back but if you do it properly, they'll send you the cheque, so £56.25/month.

My ex got a lil messed about by e2save once and they said her bill was the wrong one and she couldn't get her savings but she got a cheque in the post anyway lol CPW have been no bother for me.

If you want, can have a look at instore offers on Saturday mate if you know what phone you're interested in.

Hey mate, didn't catch your reply last night for some reason :S

Yeah I saw the bolt on the other day for unlimited texts for £7.50, can you still get them if you have a contract with the CPW for example?

In store offers be a big help matey :D I really fancy the N82 but not too fussed really, but preferably nokia or an SE

Thanks youuuuuuu

1000mins for £5 (the magic number bolt-on) plus the 500 or 300 txts for topping up every month depending on how much I top up:approve:
02 ftw

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Hey mate, didn't catch your reply last night for some reason :S

Yeah I saw the bolt on the other day for unlimited texts for £7.50, can you still get them if you have a contract with the CPW for example?

In store offers be a big help matey :D I really fancy the N82 but not too fussed really, but preferably nokia or an SE

Thanks youuuuuuu

Yeah the bolt on should be fine mate. They come on the screen as bolt ons to add to the contract, plus they offered them over the phone when I was renewing. I basically just wanted a cheap contract so got them to give me a clearance contract but no new phone, so works out £3.75 for 800mins, 500texts on a 12 month contract. So maybe worth ringing up to see what they can offer. If you're direct with o2, I doubt they could do anything like that tho.

TBH I think the only SE to get is the W960i and I'm a massive SE fan. I'm now looking towards Nokia as they are just so feature packed. I definitely want HSDPA and GPS would be great. Just not sure which one: N82 or N95?