ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OBS replay audio issue

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
When using OBS to record gameplay, the video and audio is perfect.

However, when I use the replay buffer feature to record the last minute or so of gameplay, the mic audio goes almost robotic and there's no game audio whatsoever. Just my mic and team mate's mic audio.

I've looked at old replay clips and everything is perfect, which is weird as I haven't changed anything. Does anyone have any ideas? I haven't tried reinstalling it/resetting to default as it was a ballache adjusting all the settings. I'll probably have to try doing this but I'm hoping someone else has had a similar issue.

My audio settings are below;

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
What are you watching them back on? I'm sure I had something similar and it turned out to be fucky on the Windows built in video software (whatever they call it now) and then fine on another. VLC worked if I remember right? Also was fine in video editing software.
This was a few years ago mind, switched to shadowplay which works better for me personally. Hopefully gives you something to try.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
What are you watching them back on? I'm sure I had something similar and it turned out to be fucky on the Windows built in video software (whatever they call it now) and then fine on another. VLC worked if I remember right? Also was fine in video editing software.
This was a few years ago mind, switched to shadowplay which works better for me personally. Hopefully gives you something to try.
I've tried using Movies & TV and Windows Media Player and when editing in DaVinci Resolve there's still no game audio. I feel like it's something in my settings that's somehow got messed up. I haven't tried VLC, but I'm not sure it would work. I just don't understand why it worked perfectly before.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I've tried using Movies & TV and Windows Media Player and when editing in DaVinci Resolve there's still no game audio. I feel like it's something in my settings that's somehow got messed up. I haven't tried VLC, but I'm not sure it would work. I just don't understand why it worked perfectly before.
Probably not the same issue then, OBS can be a pain in the arse.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I had issues with mine recording game sound fine but would just drop my own mic out of the recording

Try setting audio inputs to default and testing each one, it might be that windows could have shagged things, it has a habit of just changing my audio settings sometimes :rolleyes:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I had issues with mine recording game sound fine but would just drop my own mic out of the recording

Try setting audio inputs to default and testing each one, it might be that windows could have shagged things, it has a habit of just changing my audio settings sometimes :rolleyes:
Does seem a bit weird. I previously used Geforce overlay for clips which was perfect, it's what I used for most of my clips, but it decided to record the other monitor, despite my main monitor being set at the primary one. It did however record the audio. So it's just me shouting at a windows 11 desktop screen :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'll try setting those to default and see what happens (y)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Sorted this, I think in windows my input and output was set to Astro A50 Voice when the output should have been A50 Game.

Had a windows update the other day which kindly reset my OBS settings. Thanks for that.

Shame as I had a great clip of me killing this guy on warzone and he shouted ‘Scottish kunt!’ Down his mic 😆

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
This has been happening again recently. Audio settings are all as they should be and to make it even more strange, I have 1 long recording where my mic audio is robotic, then a few minutes later in the same recording, it goes back to being normal. Absolutely no clue to how this is even possible :ROFLMAO: