ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd handling

Chaps,

Got a 3month old 182 with the Cup packs. Ever since I've had it, the car seems to pull all over the shop under braking - even during light applications. Generally it seems to really follow the road - tramlining in a sense I suppose. Are they supposed to do this?? I can understand perhaps some torque steer under acceleration, but there's been times when I'm fighting the steering wheel!!! Is this normal???

Same here with my full fat 172. It will follows the dips and weave like crazy if I accelerate hard on an unsmooth road in 1st or 2nd. Tends to do the same thing if I brake hard too, but I try not to do that too much, so don't notice it as much.

I think it's something to do with having wide tyres... ?

Yeah, I'm wondering if perhaps I should my tyres nitrogen filled - from experience in the past this tends to keep the pressures almost spot on most of the time. 182 isn't fun to drive after a nice long 2hr night shift I can tell yer!! Perhaps I should get a V6
;-)

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I've found the handling gets worse when the tyres are about 50% worn. I might try getting mine aligned and re-balanced, just a thought!

Rob669