ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

odd jerkyness

renault clio dyamique
Ok fellow drivers i was wondering if you could cure my problem with my 1.2 clio petrol. Ok when i first get up in the morning my car seems to want to drive its self i put it in 1st gear and just let the clutch out slowly and moves without me having to add gas when moving of downhill and normal flat road ok? but when i go to the shops and come back 15 mins later and do as i did before it almost stalls out even when going down my hill or flat road for some reason.... and it jerks badly when i even touch the accelerator in first gear. But when my grandad came out in my car with me he said "why is your car jerking badly?" and i said "i can't help it" so he thinks there might be something wrong with my throttle but i have no idea, so i am just gonna cope with it until it gets worse. So anyone having any ideas wat this could be?

Clio 182FF
Sounds odd mate, my first 1.2 was very jerky and had a very uneven idle - sometimes it would even cut out. This uneven power made it jerky.

No idea what could be causing it though, maybe someone else can shine some light on it?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Mine seems to be doing this in first and second gear, but only when I'm slightly early on the accelerator in second (have to wait til the clutch pedal is completely up before accelerating). Only thing I can think of is either the throttle or clutch sticking a bit? Would be good to know though.

renault clio dyamique
i'll give it a few more drives and see how it goes if it gets worse then i'll ask my grandad to come and have a look at it then take it to the garage to see if they can shine a light on it lol

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
first thing in the morning driving itself will just be the auto-choke giving the car more fuel and when youve been to the shop it wil be sitting on normall idle,
just the throttle responce your getting wen trying to crawl along too slowly i think,