ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd Vibrations

Have recently replaced an ABS ring and cv boot on osf and since then I've had this odd vibration happening. It only happens at speeds in excess of 65 mph and only when I lift off. Accelerating up to 70 is fine, but the minute i lift off the gas I can feel some sort of knocking coming from around the driver footwell, little bit of shake in the steering wheel too. I've been down and checked all the nuts are tight. Brake discs and pads are fine. D/S ok.

Any ideas?

Just to add you can feel the vibration through the gearstick too if you happen to be holding it. It almost feels like a punctured tyre, but only in the circumstance of lifting off above 65.

is there any way the ABS ring might not be sat as it should? or do they locate positively?

just wondering if the new one could be misaligned, causing some sort of wheel/hub balance problem

The ABS ring is aligned perfectly :)

The problem was present pre-abs ring change. I'm guessing it's gonna be driveshaft related too, possibly the CV joint ran too dry and damaged itself? I'll get Hutchie to give it the once over...

Been driven quite a bit today and the problem seems to have got less bad. Maybe just needs time for the grease to settle in the joint, rather than it being in one big lump. Will keep my eye on it over the next few days.

Other than that it could be wheel bearing I think - but it's not howling at me yet.

M

mini-valver

I'd be almost certain its D/S fella. If its flung the majority of its grease out,you'd be surprised how quickly they fail.