ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM Looking Install

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi,

I'm looking at upgrading my speakers all round in my focus st170 as well as a sub in the boot, all ofcourse amped (prob 6 channel amp), now this is the tricky part, i want to keep the origional 6006e 6 disk headunit as tbh i like the look of it and think aftermarket units look a bit naff in the focus with the double din front etc etc. (yes i know this is a clio forum, but alot of the advice is pretty generic or someone here may have previously owned/worked on a focus)

I know quite alot about ice installs, now obviously there is no pre-outs on the ford unit so i would either need an amp with high level inputs or buy a high to pre-out converter, which of these options will give me the best SQ? i presume high level inputs on the amp, or is there another option im missing out on here?

i would like to install component speakers upfront and have seen some of the amazing work some people have done building tweeter pods into the wing mirrors, however im not sure im skilled enough to do this myself so will prob end up getting a set of infinity 5x7's front and back, unless i can buy the tweeter pods anywere?

Any tip's/tricks i should know about when doing an install in the focus?

Cheers, Russ

Audi TT 3.2 V6
£20 membership fee, which im not prepared to pay yet as there is an st owners club and another focus owners club which allow you to write in forums for free and if you wish to join its no were near £20

BMW M135i
Well you'll need to get some preouts from somewhere, so the options are either a line level converter, an amp with line level inputs or a RCA loom for the 6006e (not sure if this exists).

Neither of them are brilliantly ideal tbh, and the 6006e doesn't produce that good a sound imo. Although definetly hearing you on the aftermarket hu look thing, although i'd just see it as an option for a Double Din headunit ;).

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Well you'll need to get some preouts from somewhere, so the options are either a line level converter, an amp with line level inputs or a RCA loom for the 6006e (not sure if this exists).

Neither of them are brilliantly ideal tbh, and the 6006e doesn't produce that good a sound imo. Although definetly hearing you on the aftermarket hu look thing, although i'd just see it as an option for a Double Din headunit ;).

like the thinking there, will have to look into it..although ive only just bought the 6006e as my car had a single disk cd player for some reason. lol

thinking about it though im sure ive read somewere that the ford radios arent quite double din which poses problems!

im tempted to go the scrappy and raid a few fords for the ford radio connectors and build myself a ford to rca jobbie. good thing is if the sq isnt as good as id like it to be...ill will have only spent about £10 on rca adapter and crimps etc so not too much to loose if i then decide to take the aftermarket route

Audi TT 225
Then again zsoc was £10 but you got 2 free large window stickers (CS take note!), credit card size membership card, email address and access to all the forum/chat goodies online.

What you get for paid CS membership.... wooh.. you can post in the forsale section lol...

But just expecting £20 before you can post is gheyness!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
yup, cant even read majority of forums (not even thread titles) so tbh im not sure i wana pay £20 when i cant even get a taster of what i receive, and the main thing id use would be the forums.

Clio Mk1
[/quote]
£35 is givin me 200miles...and thats bein gentle with her lol[/quote]

lmfao get the magic magnets off ebay