ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Off camera lighting

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm intrigued, and maybe even toying with the idea of looking into getting some. Thing is, I have no idea what I'm looking for - I'm a complete n00b when it comes to flash photography! It would be purely for car shots.

I gather that you need at least two units with stands/tripods, but that's about as far as I understand, lol! Could anyone help a brother out with a quick explaination of what you need for starters and ideally, where to get it from? :)

Cheers,
Luke.

Petrol Blue 182.
:eek: down to the bone!

would be good to know tho, as I hate driving around aimlessly looking for some where with a decent white light, instead of the orange you generaly get

Storm Grey 200
I got two sb600's, use them wireless with nikon CLS... bit hit and miss, really good indoors but not so outdoors. Although I have been using them with a couple of cheap shoot through umbrellas off ebay (£1.89 each!!) and not only does that create a nicer soft light but it really helps the CLS

Storm Grey 200
6881455204_42824a51fb_b.jpg

DSC_2848 by Frozen_Badger, on Flickr

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Get some YN460II's and love it.

Dont get caught up in the e-TTL hype. The YN range is all pretty basic so lack e-TTL and TTL but to me it makes the YN range way more purposeful. You can think about your shots and control the light sources in the way you want to.

I think artificial light is the best way to get better pictures to least pound spent.

Just keep it off the cam in as many instances as possible.

Il always shoot strobe.