ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

****** off with my car

clio
well after having a lot of jip from my car i finally got it sorted, well i thought i had. turned out my map sensor was ******. so i bought a new one £105 for a tiny sensor wtf. that was three weeks ago everything was going well till the new one started playing up. think it was just loose. now the imob (i think)has ***** up so the cars on the street in this hell hole were i live. (nice one).

Question is is it the imob?

got in turned the key radio came on then nothing, imob light was still flahing then stayed on along with bat etc. is it the imob wht could it be how do i fix it.

the car was driving like a dream until all this happened! any ideas please please please

The immob light will stay on when you try to start the car if it doesn't recognise the key.

However, if your battery light is on might point towards your battery being knacked.

You could have got a MAP sensor off here for a £10!

Try your spare key, i bet the immobiliser will deactivate. Probably a faulty key, if not itl be the immobiliser tube which sits round the ignition barrel

clio
cheers for the help lads tried both keys there still the same. the light flashs then stays on. the battery is a few months old, got it just before christmas. £10 dont you'll make me cry! lol. imob tube will have to see about that. its the bat light engine management steering and imob lights. but they all go off again when you take the key out.

I disconnected the battery earlier after i was checking the map sensor just to reset every thing. could it be something to do with it it. again lads cheers for the help

So, you try and start the car and nothing happens?? dosent turn over or anything?

If yes, could be the starter motor sticking?

From experiemce when ever i had a key / immobiliser problem the light on the dash would flash 100 to the dozen if there was a problem

if when the ignition is put on the central circular red led is flashing quickly then the immobiliser is at fault end of.

Gunna be the keys or barrel probs, but as said we need to know what car it is!

clio
Sorry about that i forgot to mention its an 02 1.2 16v. went out this morning and tried, there was a terrible squeel, like i just hit a pig and it started. switched it on and of a few times and it started perfect. (starter sticking?)

I know im s**t at explaining things. last night when the key was turned right round the imob bat steering lights stayed on there was silence sweet fa was happening.

would still like to get to the bottom of this though.