ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Offered New V6 At A Poss Saving

The dealer that ive placed my order with has a blue vee that the sale has fallen through on. The sales guy phoned me tonight and asked if I was interested in having the blue one insted of waiting for my black one. I said I would be interested if the PX price on imine was what I wanted. The price I have my current vee advertised for is £18995 at the mo and the dealer knows this coz they have advertised it for me in there own local advert. I told the sales guy that if he could get somewhere near the price im after then I might be tempted to take the blue car. He said hed have a chat with his boss and let me know tomorrow. So heres the dilemma, do I:

1/ Still wait for the Black vee (prob. arrive next Feb/March)

or

2/ Take the Blue vee now (if they give me a good p/x, say £18000)

Comments please!:confused:

Megane 225 baby! :)

What colour were you going to have before you decided on the black one? If it was the blue, then go for it as long as its on your terms!:D

TBH fella i dont like the black ones, dont look any where near as meaty as silver or blue!

I definatelt go for the Blue as its a gorgeous colour but i do also like the new Red ones too!!

Plus you get it now:D

Silver! Coz I wasnt sure about those side air intakes (still not sure but if they piss me off ill have them colour coded).

So this still dont help, but nice try sawa.

but the black is different for the V6!! altho it gets dirty......mmmmmmmm and the blue iss droooooooooooooooool.

ahh feck it, its a v6 get it now! lol

or better yet, tell him youll take the blue one now till the black one arrives. all sorted.

dont thank me, its fine.

Lionel Richie

Black one!!!!!!! Wait!!!!

"Good things come to those who wait"

everyone will have the blue and red!!!!! BLACK is a sepcial colour for special people

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Black is a pain to keep clean, will show every single scratch and they look crap when dirty! But great when nice and shiney.

Take the blue and have the best of both worlds it will stand out more too which is the whole point of the V6

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Wish I had that decision.

Black one would be very different, but will be hard to keep clean. show scratches etc.

Blue one as said before might be the common colour, and those silver vents would get on my tits!!

Think if you were willing to wait till jan/feb before this one came along, then Id still hold out for it.

Steve, if its a black one you want then go get the black one. Blue with be the "common" colour (if you can call a V6 common) and black will look stunning when clean, although my last car was black and a b*****d to keep it clean but looked v.nice when polished.

If you give up now you may well regret it. Does depend on what saving you will make tho.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Id go for the blue

How common is the blue one really going to be anyway?

I hardly ever see any V6s on the road

Its a no brainer, blue is by far the nicest colour, plus you get it now! Wish i had that problem with the cup, then i could drive away with it soon. But if your really into the black and feel the novelty that you will be one of a very few with black, then stick with your choice.

Or get an early christmas present and be chuffed!

GET BLACK !! You will regret it if you get blue when you see one in march and your driven around thinkin ....doooh!!! wish Id waited and got black. sod the cleaning just get it cleaned every week by a contract cleaner

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 13 November 2003

2/ Take the Blue vee now (if they give me a good p/x, say £18000)
Definately the better option as the mk1 V6 is gonna start losing money fast now the mk2 is out and thats a very good price!!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 13 November 2003

gotta say, a shiny black V6 with shiny 18" wheels is going to look the mutts nutts.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I would wait for the

:cool: B L A C K V 6 :cool:

if I were you Steve.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Blue and red are going to be far too common.

BLACK would look absolutely stunning.

Also Jan/Feb would mean that your car would be 2004 so in effect a year newer!

RB 197 Cup

What you could do is get the blue one now and save some money so u can get it resprayed black in a few months.

Ye get the blue one. If you dont like it then you have saved enough to have it resprayed any colour you want.

A Black one will not look as good in my opinion and will be a bugger to keep clean and scratch free. It looks good on a 172 but a 3liter should be silver or blue only IMO.

EDD

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i would look at it like this, if u wait till jan/feb u could still have ur mrk 1 v6, and it will have lost more money by then, i would say to dealer, u will take blue but if u dont like it, u either want it resprayed black.... (matt black HNMMMMMM) or u want a refund and u will wait for the black un..... or see if he will let u have it then change it for the black un when he gets it in ?

Thanks for all your opinions peeps! Still not sure what im going to do but ill keep you all posted!

Hopefully speaking to the dealer tomorrow, so until then.......

I was going to part ex my V6 for the 255 V6 steve.

They offered me 12700 grand part ex for mine,its unmarked,51 plate,low milage and hardly ever used.

Give me the name of the dealer who will give you 18 grand for yours.

Id buy one then mate!

Seany

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Thing is Steve...if you get it now and the weather is sh*te it will be in the garage until Feb/March anyway and then you will wish youd waited for the Black one.

You know what I think about black anyway!! Saw the blue one in Wests last week when I went in and booked my first service. Looks the dogs in what ever colour!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by seany on 14 November 2003

Give me the name of the dealer who will give you 18 grand for yours.

I didnt definately say the dealer "would give me 18k px" but I think hell get close to this.

Oh, and by the way Seany, mine is mint too, 8.5k on the clock since i first took delivery back in Sept 2001, so your not the only V6 owner with a mint car :p

Whats all this Everyone will have the blue one. Ive only ever seen 1 V6 on the road and that was in the South of France.

Surely you had this decision to make before you placed the order and decided that Black was the right choice. Youve already got a V6 to drive until then and if youve only done 8.5k then youll not be driving the new one that much till March anyway.

Whatever you decide, youre still getting a new V6, jammy git. :D

STEVEY BABY!!!!!

why did you order black in the 1st place?? because thats the colour you wanted it in

if you take the blue one, when the time comes around youll be wishing youd held out, even more so if you see another black vee on the roads, jealousy

hold out the extra couple of months, will be worth it in the end