ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Official Apple iPhone Docks

Hi all, i just got my official iPhone dock and i'm a bit surprised to find that the phone is a very tight fit for the dock, is this normal?

S2 106 GTI
I was just going to post a thread about the docks! I fancy one for my 3gs and my local asda is selling the universal dock (genuine apple) for £12! It's without the remote. But looking on the back it doesn't seem to fit the 3gs? But the one with the remote does?!

S2 106 GTI
If I bought the one without the remote, and bought the remote separate.... would it work with the dock? as there's a huge price difference between the two!

BMW F31
yeah as long as the dock has the IR port on the front it will pair up and work fine with it.

actually works out the same price though by that point as the dock and remote are circa £30 and the remote alone is £15

I think the ones i bought were for the 2G as the phone basically has to be forced into the dock to get it to stay in place. Guy i bought them from had them advertised as 3G/3GS docks! Cnut!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
yeah as long as the dock has the IR port on the front it will pair up and work fine with it.

actually works out the same price though by that point as the dock and remote are circa £30 and the remote alone is £15

Universal dock/iPhone dock two very different things.

BMW F31
true, but they still do the same thing, my universal dock syncs my iphone and also allows me to run a line out to my amp.

what does the iphone dock do differently? (thats not rhetorical, it's a genuine question)